• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Connect to PC

I just bought my Droid today, and I plugged it in to my PC (Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit), and added a single music file, to see if I was doing it right.

It worked, and I ejected the phone. After several seconds, I reconnected the phone, but when I drag down the notification panel and touch "USB Connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer," and select "mount," my phone instantly jumps from "Turn off USB storage" to "USB Connected," and I have to do it again. No matter how many times I go through this cycle, it never actually connects to my PC anymore.

Any way to fix this? I just bought it today :(

I'm having the same problem, and I'm also running Windows 7 64 bit. I tried DLing the new drivers, but it will still connect for a few seconds at most, then disconnect.
I did not dismount it the first time I removed it from the computer, but before I even connected it to the computer, it had the dismount option in settings (I thought it was to physically remove the card).
I am taking my phone to school to see if it's the phone or the computer. The technician said it should work with Windows 7 (I had explicitly asked).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones