• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant flash any ROMs

So after trying every custom ROM on here, it seems I cant flash anything and Im not sure why. I thought I was just getting corrupted downloads, but I think its more than that now as it doesnt matter which rom, how its downloaded, etc.
When I boot to recovery and try to flash anything this is what I see this is what I see:

battery level is 96
No APP files found in SD card
---------
FAIL
---------
Install /sdcard
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: signature verification failed...
E: installation failed
Installation aborted
----------------
Im running the stock rom, rooted with superuser, and used the guide here to install recovery. Ive tried it with factory resetting/wiping cache, just wiping cache, and not wiping anything hoping something would give me a different result.
Any idea where I went wrong and how to get to a point that I can flash roms?

Try this.

Download the cwm flash package again.
Unzip it
Put recovery.img in the ROOT DIRECTORY OF YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD
download "terminal emulator" app from play store
Type:
Su (allow superuser access)
dd if=/data/share/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

It should flash cwm on your phone

This is how I flashed mine, works fine

Upvote 0
cool, thanks. I didnt realize that was the stock recovery, as the only recovery Id seen so far was the custom one we got for the Motion. I'll try it again, and if it doesnt work follow your recommendation TokeNPoke.
-----------
Sweet! I dont know what I did different this time, but re-tried flashing CWM and I got the penguin, and the advanced recovery options it seemed like I was missing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones