• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Install Update - Please Help

gadgetmom88

Sep 23, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I was running Rubix 1.9.0. Never installed the leak .320. I flashed back to my original Nand Backup - the one I did first thing after I rooted the phone, before I ever installed any themes or ROMs. I then used z4 to unroot. Did a factory reset, downloaded the OTA update and attempted to install. It failed and put me back at the clockwork mod recovery screen.

I'm running:
System Version: 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model Number: DroidX
Android Version 2.2
Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-ga42712e
w30471@il93Inxdroid08 #1
Build number: VZW
ERI Version: 5
PRL Version: 52189

At some point I caught sight of my bootloader, I'm running 30.03.

I also tried downloading and installing the update zip myself, this also failed. I'd like to be able accept the OTA, re-root and load up the Apex Rom. Was not able to do all of this through SBF because I couldn't get RSD Lite (v4.9) to recognize my device. I did install the Motorola Drivers (v4..7.1). Ready to throw the phone out the window. Please help.

yes I did. I also got the device to be recognized by RSD Lite. Flashing the SBF file now. How do I know when RSD is finished. It's been sitting for 20 minutes. Progress says 100%, it's asking me to power up the phone, it was already powered up from the process, but I powered it down and back up. The results section still says In Process... I tried clicking close but it said that the process is still active and closing it could cause damage. Is it done? How long does it take to run an SBF through?

Upvote 0
yes I did. I also got the device to be recognized by RSD Lite. Flashing the SBF file now. How do I know when RSD is finished. It's been sitting for 20 minutes. Progress says 100%, it's asking me to power up the phone, it was already powered up from the process, but I powered it down and back up. The results section still says In Process... I tried clicking close but it said that the process is still active and closing it could cause damage. Is it done? How long does it take to run an SBF through?
as long as it says 100% and your phone has booted up. your fine with pulling the plug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones