• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cant long press on evo?? somethings wrong

jongo

Jun 24, 2010
i exchanged my phone today do to a faulty microphone. now i got this evo and for example when i text and i wanna hold for a question mark it just puts down the letter and wont let me hold and alot of other things are very unresponsive or move slowly. I actually got the notification bar to stay halfway down which never happen to me cause i think it automatically goes all the way down. I did install a invisible sheild but i dont think that has any effect since most of the water is gone.it was working fine before i installed it tho. i had to turn the device off when the bottom buttons wouldnt respond until i would put it to sleep and then shortly after it go back to not responding then the screen stopped responding. is this faulty hardware?

I am having similar issues. At (random) times i seem to not be able to long press keys in both portrait or landscape mode to get the symbol associated with that key. It sometimes will fix itself, other times i reset to ractory touch calibration, or recalibrate and most of the time that wont fix immediatley. Restarting often works, but this problem is starting to get annoying. I called RS and they put me on a wait list to get a replacement phone since I am still in the 30 day return period (barely). I will try the to see if it is related to being on the charger, because currently it is charging and is having problems. Ill let you know what I find out. Any help would be awesome in resolving this issue.

Thanks

edit: this seems to only be happening with the keyboard. I can long press on the home sceen and move icons with no issues. Also, the the problem is occuring sometimes when i press a letter key, it thinks i hit it like 5 times or so.

Also I can confirm that this was only happening today while i was charging. I keep and eye on it in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones