• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't send or receive picture messages

I am having the same problems. I spent an hour on the phone with an advisor from o2 on tuesday. Today i have been in the shop and they replaced the sim card, and again i have spent 1 1/2 hours with an advisor tonight and we cant sort it. I put the sim in my old sony k800i and it sent a picture right away. So it looks like the phone going back tomorrow.
Mark

Upvote 0
Finally got an answer to this i think. I havent taken my phone back yet but i have now spoken to LG. They are saying that if the sim works in another phone then it is definately a fault with the phone. They want me to return it to them for repair, but as the phone is only 10 days old i am going to return it to carphone warehouse tomorrow. I dont know if i will have to have a repair or if i can get a replacement out of them but will find out tomorrow.
Mark

Upvote 0
well i'm not 100% sure if its working now or not but I did get a mms to come through.

I added MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 066.209.011.032 to the apn setting. I call at&t and all they will ****ing tell me is your phone is not an At&t phone so **** off where not gonna help so I have to guess at the setting.

edit:well I am able to recive mmses but not send them

Upvote 0
well I finally got it working. I dont think the username and password are nessasery and I'm pretty sure the reason it would not send mmses is cuz orginally I did not have http:// first when I entered the MMSC
go to Settings then Wireless & networks then Mobile networks then Access Point. Press the menu button then pres "New APN" . Enter the following settings
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Username: wap@cingulargprs
Password: CINGULAR1
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

note: this specific to AT&T users. anybody else would be something different.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my Optimus. I was at my aunts and I decided to reset my phone to see if that would fix the problem. It did but I had no idea why. Today I was having the problem again and I finally realised why it work after resetting my phone. While at my aunts I connected to her wifi and turned off my data but after I reset my phone I left my data on. The problem for me was if I didn't have my data on I couldnt send or receive pictures. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR DATA ON!:)

Upvote 0
Both myself and my partner have the lg optimus phone. I have tried several times to send him a text message with a picture attached but he doesn't receive them. He has also tried sending me one and I can't receive them either. Can anyone help??

Send or receive picture messages on any AT&T smartphone. If interested in finding out,it cost only $5.99.
It's as easy as 1,2 or 3.
I've spent hours on figuring out a way to send and receive picture messages in minutes,and i finally did. If interested,please email me at rayray1871@gmail.com for more info.
If doesn't work,refund will be sent.ty
Also,will send a picture to make sure it works to each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK so I have a Blu studio 6.0 hd I'm with straight talk and I did a wireless update and I believe it updated my Android version I'm not sure version it is right now it updated last week and eversence then I can not send or receive pic messages and I can not connect my Bluetooth headset I have tripple checked my apn settings and they are good I am currently at a loss can sumone help.(edit) I received a wireless update just a week ago or so the patched the problem for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just bought this phone for my daughter on T-Mobile Network. At first she was not getting MMS pictures in messages. I used to work for AT&T but I used a suggestion regarding APN. so I went under setting to there and changed it to t-mobile instead of the WEB/WAP setting it was on. Now she is receiving them. We were able to go back to the messages and download the pics she was not able to before.

Upvote 0
I just bought this phone for my daughter on T-Mobile Network. At first she was not getting MMS pictures in messages. I used to work for AT&T but I used a suggestion regarding APN. so I went under setting to there and changed it to t-mobile instead of the WEB/WAP setting it was on. Now she is receiving them. We were able to go back to the messages and download the pics she was not able to before.

Upvote 0
Send or receive picture messages on any AT&T smartphone.Something that everyone is having an issue with. If interested in finding out how.send only $5.99 to holdridge414@aol.com my Pay Pal address and never worry about sending or receiving picture messages again.just email me and I'll tell you how,once the payment is made.
It's as easy as 1,2 or 3.
I've spent hours on figuring out a way to send and receive picture messages in minutes,and i finally did. If interested,please email me at rayray1871@gmail.com for more info.
If doesn't work,refund will be sent.
Also,will send a picture to make sure it works to each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones