• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't update Samsung galaxy s4

Okay, so I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and it's originally from at&t, my problem is that whenever I try to update it OTA it says software update interrupted, then I try updating again and it says software is up to date, I am currently running android 4.4.2, I know there's an update for at least 4.4.4, I'm not currently in the US and I don't have plans for returning, I wanted to know if anyone could please help, could I maybe update my phone through my laptop? Thanks.

There aren't any firmwares for my phone in sammobile? Seems kind of wierd

Not weird... AT&T just haven't made the update available.

I think the Canadian (Rodgers et al) SGH-I337M is identical in hardware and network support, so you could try flashing one of the 5.0.1 firmwares found here. No guarantees though, so I'll move this thread to the Galaxy S4 sub-forum in the hope that someone can confirm that this is indeed the case.

Upvote 0
Hey I need information about Samsung galaxy s4.. i have installed viber, whatsapp, and facebook and i am unable to attach picture media files and other files on these messenger what should i do to fix this problem every time i attach picture its says sharing failed try again later and when i go for download files its says can't download ... Whats should i do to fix this issue ??

Upvote 0
First and foremost... the firmware for AT&T's Galaxy S4, SGH-i337, along with the Verizon Galaxy S4, are hybrid carrier minority variants that are NOT released by Samsung but rather, heavily customised and bloated by their respective carriers, before, unlike all other Galaxy S4 firmwares, being released directly by those carriers... thus bypassing Samsung. This means that if you are not on your carriers network an update is difficult. Unlike stock Samsung firmwares that are released by Samsung.

Below is a link to a guide on how to update your AT&T phone from whichever firmware you are presently on. This, depending on your current firmware, could be a 3 part process. Please read the following, carefully and thoroughly, before proceeding. It contains all the download links that you require...

(GUIDE) how to update at&t galaxy s4 sgh-i337 to lollipop (5.0.1) manually!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones