• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car docks/hands free sets

Oshi74

Nov 5, 2009
I found this dock that is almost what I'm looking for, but I don't like FM transmitters. I prefer just to use a cable for the sound since it's clearer and I don't have to keep fiddling with stations when I get feedback.

All the other docks that I've found are window mounted suction cup deals. Does anyone know of a dock that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but doesn't have the FM transmitter?

Just installed the ProClip devise holder in my 99 Cherokee and it is wonderful fits the phone like a glove.

PC110716_800.jpg

PC110719_800.jpg

Reactions: jp89hornet
Upvote 0
Just installed the ProClip devise holder in my 99 Cherokee and it is wonderful fits the phone like a glove.

That looks pretty sweet. My only problem would be that I use a silicone skin around my Hero (gives it some protection in case I drop it, and I like the grippy texture) so I'm guessing a form fit holder like the ProClip wouldn't work. If they offered a universal holder, I'd be really interested.

Upvote 0
PICS

Howdy, I am getting my hero in a few days and I just wanted to say thank you... I have spent a few hours looking for pics of this dock, other than what is on proclip's website.

Is there an audio out port on the dock or do you have to use the headphone port?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones