• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Car Phone Holder

I bought the one from mobilefun and I honestly can't imagine a better fitting holder. Feels so solid, and just looks so damn neat. Best money I have spent on an accessory methinks. Even comes with a car charger:

HTC Desire Car Pack

CH1.jpg.html

CH2.jpg.html

mobilefun-image2.gif.html

Upvote 0
Looks like the official one is out in July.

HTC: Accessory store: Pocket PC Vehicle Kits: HTC Desire Car Upgrade Kit CU S420: Description

Looks good but the price is a bit steep.

Guys, I think I found something interesting on the product page above:

"If your Desire is not unlocked and it's from any particular operators, then the phone might not come with NaviPanel' software."

Desire is not coming with NaviPanel software (unlocked or not) regardless of firmware version.

That means we will get an fw update soon!? :)

Anyway...the folks at xda forums managed to get the app to work with Desire and they even modded it to work with brut maps instead of maps.

Reactions: Balistyx
Upvote 0
AIO PREMIUM CAR HOLDER & CAR CHARGER FOR HTC DESIRE UK on eBay (end time 01-Jun-10 13:19:43 BST)

The Amazon one on Ebay and a bit cheaper. I had the same make for my iPhone and was impressed with how solid it was. Almost impossible to pull off the windscreen when it's stuck on.

Originally Posted by Casual Pete
Looks like the official one is out in July.

HTC: Accessory store: Pocket PC Vehicle Kits: HTC Desire Car Upgrade Kit CU S420: Description

Looks good but the price is a bit steep.

This is what I'm waiting for. Having seen the video of the Nexus one in the official holder with the Nav screen being activated by plugging it into the holder. I can't see why you'd go for anything else.

It's

Upvote 0
Banzibarn you have a link to this? it looks like it could be ideal for my car, i hate them suckers leaving a mark on my screen

Her you go.... http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/9039769/Universal-Phone-Holder-Car-Charger-for-Nokia-Samsung-Sony-Ericsson-LG-Motorola-Phones/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:9039769|cat:Mobile+#

Mine only has a Nokia plug on it, but I've got a Micro USB adapter from my old N97 which allows it to work with the desire.

The Link above is a new model and has adapters with it, but it's not totally clear if any of them are for Micro USB.

EDIT: for some reason the forum is adding a space in the URL above in the word mobile at the end - delete the space and hopefully the link will work.

But I'm pretty sure you can get something similar elsewhere with the correct plug out of the box, I expect a google search will find some.. :)

Upvote 0
I don't know what phones did you had previosly but Desire has some sensors (like accelerometer) that might be damaged by magnetic fields....I'm no expert though :)
I was thinking that myself...though the blurb on it says that it doesn't affect the phone's workings...but hmmm, dunno if I'd like to give a try tbh :thinking:

I can't see how it sticks to the phone anyway...the Desire's plastic, and that plate thingymajig with the magnet, doesn't look like it would grip the phone if it was in the upright postion...which is what it obviously needs to be to see the display properly!

Upvote 0
Hi,
I bought a FoneM8 one from Amazon last week.
This being:
FoneM8 - HTC Desire PREMIUM Dedicated Windscreen Mount: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Seems good so far. Very solid and strong suction. Came next day as well.

I know it's a bit pricer than other kits, but it is specifically for the Desire and I wanted one that was seemingly well built and wouldn't fall of the window.

I haven't tried the car charger whilst using navigation but intend to test that tomorrow to see if the phone can maintain it's charge whilst using GPS as I know this can be an issue with some chargers.

would this fit a desire plus a case

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones