• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Evo3D Boot Animation

Ok I have succesfully changed my splash screen and boot animation. I'm wondering if there is a way to flash multiple images to the splash screen or maybe even a gif?

Bootanimation is a series of GIFs, so I'm not 100% sure of your question. I've moved your post over here, perhaps some of the info here can help if you've not already seen it.

Upvote 0
So, I was over on XDA under the EVO 3D Themes and Apps, and I came across a splash screen. It says all I have to do is place it on the root of the SD card and flash it. The name of the file is PG86IMG.zip. Am I correct in that I just have to put it on the SD card and flash it?

If the developer of the splash screen says it's flashable I'd go with that. Do a back up prior and let it rip.

Upvote 0
So, I was over on XDA under the EVO 3D Themes and Apps, and I came across a splash screen. It says all I have to do is place it on the root of the SD card and flash it. The name of the file is PG86IMG.zip. Am I correct in that I just have to put it on the SD card and flash it?

Yes, bootloader splsh screens are a bit different than boot animations. You can't manually change out a bootloader splash. At least, I've never seen one that you could.

Upvote 0
Yes, bootloader splsh screens are a bit different than boot animations. You can't manually change out a bootloader splash. At least, I've never seen one that you could.

Splash screens are different in that they reside in their own partition called /splash1. But for sure, you can manually overwrite it as many times as you want and change it as many times as you want.

Like the recovery image, you can manually flash it via fastboot, or you can flash it as a PG86IMG.ZIP. fastboot is for flashing .IMG files. But if you put an IMG file in a PG86IMG.ZIP file and make sure the .IMG file is named the same name as the partition (splash1.img), you can do it via the SD card way.

Reactions: jerofld
Upvote 0
Splash screens are different in that they reside in their own partition called /splash1. But for sure, you can manually overwrite it as many times as you want and change it as many times as you want.

Like the recovery image, you can manually flash it via fastboot, or you can flash it as a PG86IMG.ZIP. fastboot is for flashing .IMG files. But if you put an IMG file in a PG86IMG.ZIP file and make sure the .IMG file is named the same name as the partition (splash1.img), you can do it via the SD card way.

Good to know. I've just never seen someone show a way to manually change it. Only a zip to flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones