• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Moto G Stock 4.4.4 and 5.1 Soak Tests {Boost Mobile}

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
DISCLAIMER: By using this rom, you agree that you are the only one responsible for anything good or bad that may occur. Use at your own risk.;)

For Boost Mobile Moto G only.

Deodexed, debloated, and rooted Stock KXB21.14-L1.57.
falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_deodexed.zip

List of removed files and download link (click "Spoiler" below):
/app/Books.apk
/app/Drive.apk
/app/Magazines.apk
/app/Music2.apk
/app/PlayGames.apk
/app/PlusOne.apk
/app/Quickoffice.apk
/app/Videos.apk
/app/YouTube.apk
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/Moto_Demo.mp4
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/MotoImages/Picture1.jpg
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/MotoImages/Picture2.jpg
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/MotoImages/Picture3.jpg
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/MotoImages/Picture4.jpg
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/MotoImages/Picture5.jpg
/etc/motorola/MotoDemo/MotoImages/Picture6.jpg
/priv-app/CQATest.apk
/priv-app/DemoMode.apk
/priv-app/fswriter.apk
/priv-app/GuideMe.apk
/priv-app/MotoAssist.apk
/priv-app/MotoCare.apk
/priv-app/MotoCareInt.apk
/priv-app/SprintID.apk
/priv-app/SprintInstaller.apk
/priv-app/SprintZoneG.apk

DOWNLOAD:
falcon_NOT_FLASHABLE_KXB21.14-L1.57_removed.zip

Rooted Stock KXB21.14-L1.57.

falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_root.zip

Unmodified Stock KXB21.14-L1.57.
falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57.zip

Mirror links here

NOTE: Your device needs to have already been updated to 4.4.4 before using this ROM. If you have not updated to 4.4.4 (KXB21.14-L1.57), you will need to flash this partition updater AND the rom of choice.

NOTE2: This zip is unsigned so you may need to disable signature verification in CWM before flashing.

NOTE3: Your device must have CWM/custom recovery to flash ROMs.

Flash in CWM as follows:
  1. Download ROM
  2. Put the ROM on your internal sdcard or flash drive if you have an OTG cable
  3. Reboot to CWM Recovery
  4. MAKE A BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Wipe data/Factoy reset
  6. Install ROM zip from sdcard or usbdisk
  7. Reboot
  8. Enjoy!

Soak Test Downloads:

Boost 5.0.2 Soak Test and here

Boost 5.1 Soak Test

Boost 5.1 Soak Test Part 2

Other Downloads:

falcon_Tweaked_4.4.4_Mms_White.zip - Modified stock Messaging app that shows the time text messages were sent instead of the time you receive them (deodexed rom only).

falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_kernel.zip - Stock 4.4.4 kernel

falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_recovery.zip - Stock 4.4.4 Recovery

Last edited:
awesome thanks

and welcome to the G

what can i do to stop it from trying to do that. should i just keep it in bootloader and re-push cwm after flashing

Thanks. CWM will tell you recovery might be flashed, do you want to fix it? I think "yes" is what you want but make sure to read it fully.

Upvote 0
Indeed should have specified
And no prob i enjoy messin w phones seein if i can break em and bring em back to life lol

But i have a ? Mabey u can answer anytime im in cwm doin stuff likd make a backup and i go to reboot cwm always asks to fix root regaurdless of even if i just boot to recovery and a d do a sys reboot?
Am not sure y it does this

Upvote 0
Indeed should have specified
And no prob i enjoy messin w phones seein if i can break em and bring em back to life lol

But i have a ? Mabey u can answer anytime im in cwm doin stuff likd make a backup and i go to reboot cwm always asks to fix root regaurdless of even if i just boot to recovery and a d do a sys reboot?
Am not sure y it does this

It has something to do with what cwm is looking for to determine if your device is rooted. It doesn't find it so it asks if you want to fix root. I have said yes and no and am rooted either way afterwards. I wish i could be more help.

Reactions: Dslack420
Upvote 0
a new update is out 175.44.1.en.US for the xt1031 (Boost Mobile)

Just got notified myself. Looks like it only fixes activation on some devices. I will update roms when i get a chance.

edit: here is the update.zip. I flashed the unmodified rom and then the update.zip through cwm with no issues. New roms coming soon.

Reactions: thermalpaste
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones