• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Moto G Stock 4.4.4 and 5.1 Soak Tests {Boost Mobile}

only thing missing is new boot animation but slayer hooked me up w one he found on xda lol and much much thatnks for this smooth stock rom

The update did not contain a new boot animation. Supposedly, the Motorola Boot Services update that just came through the Play Store gives us new boot animation. That was not the case for me :(

Reactions: Dslack420
Upvote 0
I tried twice to install and both times the boot seemed to work until the boot animation... It got to the second revolution of the moto planet, and screen goes black.

If you are referring to the roms, if you did not do the newest update you need to flash the partition updater and the rom.

If you are referring to the bootanimation, i am not sure as i did not flash it. Just copied it to the correct location using a file manager.

Upvote 0
The ROM is what I meant. Thankfully this time I had a backup so its all good.

The (new) boot animation works fine, I just can't get the ROM to flash and boot properly. I've had the same problem with flashing any ROM in cwm on this phone. So far I tried slimkat cm11 and yours and none have worked. I'm not saying its yalls fault I'm just confused... I'm gonna accept the ota update, then flash and see if that works. It seems like everything I've done with my moto g that worked has been the hard way lol

Upvote 0
The ROM is what I meant. Thankfully this time I had a backup so its all good.

The (new) boot animation works fine, I just can't get the ROM to flash and boot properly. I've had the same problem with flashing any ROM in cwm on this phone. So far I tried slimkat cm11 and yours and none have worked. I'm not saying its yalls fault I'm just confused... I'm gonna accept the ota update, then flash and see if that works. It seems like everything I've done with my moto g that worked has been the hard way lol

Sorry you are having trouble. FYI, the OTA will not work if you are not on unmodified stock. It checks before doing anything to make sure you have all the files it updates and will fail if you don't.

edit: i am using cwm swipe from the official cm site. Sounds possible your recovery is causing issues.

Upvote 0
Maybe it was just a bad download... Now that my bill cycle just started again I'm going to see if I have any luck with it.

Oddly enough, the first few days I had this phone I reluctantly let the ota do its thing and it worked fine. Idk why it won't work now. I even tried it on a completely stock unrooted ROM... Maybe after its unlocked the ota update is jacked up

Upvote 0
guys i need help. surprise there from a noob. heres the scenerio. got a boost mobile moto g. computer identifies it as a xt1031. i unlocked the bootloader. flashed cwm recovery. everything good till this point.attempted to install cm11, paranoid, another that i cant remember and finally falcon_KXB20.9-1.10-1.18-1.1_deodexed.none would finish installing. all would get stuck at the respective boot logo. i took all steps root,factory restore,format system. even flashed phils recovery. thinking it could be recovery. with the last rom i also flashed the partition using falcon_KXB20.9-1.10-1.18-1.1_partition_updater. when i noticed that the last one was also taking to long to finish. by too long i mean 15 to 20 mins each rom. i held the power button to turn off phone and attempt something else. then it happened. the phone wouldnt turn on any more. i tried installing roms 2, 3, and 4 via sideload. with rom 4 i was trying to return to near stock with root. better than no root. i thought. btw i was on 4.4.2 before i started all this. any suggestions on trying to revive my moto g?

Upvote 0
guys i need help. surprise there from a noob. heres the scenerio. got a boost mobile moto g. computer identifies it as a xt1031. i unlocked the bootloader. flashed cwm recovery. everything good till this point.attempted to install cm11, paranoid, another that i cant remember and finally falcon_KXB20.9-1.10-1.18-1.1_deodexed.none would finish installing. all would get stuck at the respective boot logo. i took all steps root,factory restore,format system. even flashed phils recovery. thinking it could be recovery. with the last rom i also flashed the partition using falcon_KXB20.9-1.10-1.18-1.1_partition_updater. when i noticed that the last one was also taking to long to finish. by too long i mean 15 to 20 mins each rom. i held the power button to turn off phone and attempt something else. then it happened. the phone wouldnt turn on any more. i tried installing roms 2, 3, and 4 via sideload. with rom 4 i was trying to return to near stock with root. better than no root. i thought. btw i was on 4.4.2 before i started all this. any suggestions on trying to revive my moto g?

this should get u there just keep in mind when u are in bootloader mode u will always use the fastboot command not adb!!!!

http://androidforums.com/cdma-moto-...8-boostmobile-only-guide-returning-stock.html

Reactions: dukejmf8 and SuperR
Upvote 0
this should get u there just keep in mind when u are in bootloader mode u will always use the fastboot command not adb!!!!

http://androidforums.com/cdma-moto-...8-boostmobile-only-guide-returning-stock.html
Thank you mr dslack420. But forgive my ignorance. My phone doesnt power on. My computer wont recognize it when i attach the usb cord. I ve used a wall charger. Still wont show life. It would need to at least get to the recovery menu (motorolas not cwm) to attempt to use these tools. Right? Or once i start to try to send a signal to it using my computer. It'll boot up. I did forget to mention that my moto g felt hot when i turned it off for the last time. Do you it might have overheated burning it self out? Again thank you for replying and giving me your knowledge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones