• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Moto G Stock 4.4.4 and 5.1 Soak Tests {Boost Mobile}

It won't pick up device tho

Not sure what to tell you. I followed this guide to unlock the bootloader and install cwm. I also used the cwm in that guide (CWM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img)

I am running 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. I used sudo before the fastboot commands, but that is the only change. I may have added a udev rule beforehand, but honestly I don't remember.

Reactions: D34DBre4kr
Upvote 0
Not sure what to tell you. I followed this guide to unlock the bootloader and install cwm. I also used the cwm in that guide (CWM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img)

I am running 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. I used sudo before the fastboot commands, but that is the only change. I may have added a udev rule beforehand, but honestly I don't remember.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, after a night of hopeless work you helped me again! but yeah. she's unlocked but we're still running far!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No I'm still on 4.3:/ I'm downloading the ota right Now. I need the og recovery don't I....

I am not certain on that one. You can always try it. There are other less convenient ways to get you updated though. Really the only issue is the partitions because flashing the rom in this OP will update your system files.

Upvote 0
gotcha currently downloading but over a 3g connection so it will take a min:/

When it's finished downloading, it would help me help you if you grab the zip from your /cache before rebooting. I am not sure if you can since you are probably not rooted yet, but it would be worth the try in case the ota fails. With it, I can make you an update zip that will flash in cwm without issue.

Reactions: D34DBre4kr
Upvote 0
When it's finished downloading, it would help me help you if you grab the zip from your /cache before rebooting. I am not sure if you can since you are probably not rooted yet, but it would be worth the try in case the ota fails. With it, I can make you an update zip that will flash in cwm without issue.

i think i am rooted but with no SU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones