• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Update new Firmware on Hboot 1.50 unlock?

ggrimaldi

Jul 19, 2011
Can somebody help me to explain the step by step process to update my firmware?
I have this random shut off problem (rarely, but sometimes it is so irritating..), I've tried wiping dalvik, cache, fix permission, changing ROMs and kernels, and still can't figure out what the problem is. I'm thinking that updating firmware might help. So what should I do now to update firmware?
I'm currently unlock, S-On with Hboot 1.50.

Thanks..

Has nothing to do with your update, if you decide to update you may loose your root and have to unlock HTC way all over again and may have issues, so more info would help in trouble shooting your issue.

Can somebody help me to explain the step by step process to update my firmware?
I have this random shut off problem (rarely, but sometimes it is so irritating..), I've tried wiping dalvik, cache, fix permission, changing ROMs and kernels, and still can't figure out what the problem is. I'm thinking that updating firmware might help. So what should I do now to update firmware?
I'm currently unlock, S-On with Hboot 1.50.

Thanks..

Upvote 0
To upgrade your firmware:

1) Back up everything in Titanium/Mybackup

2) Relock your bootloader (type "fastboot oem lock")

3) Run RUU

4) Re-unlock your bootloader (I believe the command is "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" - I may be wrong on this...it's in the root guide).

5) Flash a new custom recovery (the RUU overwrites it - you can find a link in the root guide)

6) Flash the updated ROM/Kernel (also available in the root guide)

7) Restore Titanium/MyBackup files.

Upvote 0
To upgrade your firmware:

1) Back up everything in Titanium/Mybackup

2) Relock your bootloader (type "fastboot oem lock")

3) Run RUU

4) Re-unlock your bootloader (I believe the command is "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" - I may be wrong on this...it's in the root guide).

5) Flash a new custom recovery (the RUU overwrites it - you can find a link in the root guide)

6) Flash the updated ROM/Kernel (also available in the root guide)

7) Restore Titanium/MyBackup files.

Thanks for the reply..

will i get any problem on relocking-unlocking?

And, for unlocking, do i use the previous unlock code, or should i get a new one?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply..

will i get any problem on relocking-unlocking?

And, for unlocking, do i use the previous unlock code, or should i get a new one?

It's the same code as you used last time. And I wouldn't anticipate any problems. RUUs generally clean up the phone's firmware issues, so the unlock should also go smooth.

Reactions: ggrimaldi and DonB
Upvote 0
Amazing how you can keep up with all the HBoot 1.50 stuff, it still confuses me, LOL I can't keep up anymore damn HTC get a life :musicus:

But yes as J mentioned you use the same code, hope you saved it.

It's the same code as you used last time. And I wouldn't anticipate any problems. RUUs generally clean up the phone's firmware issues, so the unlock should also go smooth.

Upvote 0
Amazing how you can keep up with all the HBoot 1.50 stuff, it still confuses me, LOL I can't keep up anymore damn HTC get a life :musicus:

Even if he didn't, anyone can get a copy by doing the fastboot get token command and log back into HTC Dev and submit the code again. The program on the HTC Dev site doesn't bother to check if you've requested a code before or not and will generate another unlock_code.bin.

Or check their email inbox, I bet it'll be buried in there, still :p

Reactions: ggrimaldi and DonB
Upvote 0

Yep, absolutely. I have one code in my laptop, and another one in my email.
When going to play around like this, we gotta to make a backup, right? ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones