• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change Between Basebands

rendeiro2005

Aug 26, 2010
Azeit
www.wix.com
If you have any different baseband please share...thks;)

Since so much people had some difficulties with search button or how to change between basebands to switch to/from, here you can find all info to do so.

All Roms/Mods may work with different baseband versions so, the first thing you need to avoid enter in constant bootloops after install a new Rom/Mod, is check witch version you have on or phone.

To do that go to
Settings > About Phone > Baseband Version

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If u install new rom via xRecovery and got no signal no radio no wifi then just relax remove sd card from mobile then go for factory reset in setings and erase every thing now rebot and wohoo here we go

BASEBAND DOWNLOADS - Organized by Version/Date Release thks DooMLoRD for this tip;)
note: every fw should be installed through flashtool except the ones mentioned.

2.0.xx versions

2.0.46 (thks to Haque) - Use the included X10flash.bat

2.1.xx versions

2.1.54 (X10a)

2.1.55 (X10a)

2.1.54 (X10i)

2.1.58 (X10i)

note: this only upgrade/downgrade baseband version NOT firmware

How to install this on my phone?
You need latest FlashTool from HERE

And...?
Put the*.ftf file on firmware folder and just press flash on tool.

Don`t know how to use FlashTool?
Go HERE

Regards;)
Ricardo Rendeiro

Word of advice, backup! I'm aware this is to change an existing baseband but I attempted to downgrade using a different method and it didn't work. Said unknown baseband and nothing worked obviously. After using this method without a baseband, had a intermittent bootloop and the entire phone was reset as if you reinstalled the OS. Even if you do this correctly with an existing baseband, back it up! It only takes a few minutes...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones