• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Choosing a first tablet

besb421

Lurker
Nov 21, 2012
I want to buy a tablet for it's mobility around the house. Apart from watching movies etc i like to play around with editing photo's including cutting and pasting. I can't afford to spend too much money on a very high end tablet but i would like to know if the more reasonable priced 10'' tablets will do what i want. I like Samsung stuff very much and have their televisions and phones etc so would prefer a Samsung if possible. Would i need to get say the Samsung Note 10.1 to use the S pen or are their Apps available that would allow me to cut and paste on the upcoming Tab 3 10.1?.
Any other recommended tablets for what i want would be appreciated as would any Android photo editing apps.

I'm not sure what the Galaxy Tab 3 will promise. I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 and have found it very useful. The Note 10.1 uses Wacom technology which has 1024 pressure sensitivites, making for a pretty nifty device.

Photoshop touch comes included with the Note 10.1. It's a pretty handy app, I've done a couple of projects now. Also, the S-Notes app is very handy for quick note taking.

It depends on your price range though. Definately recommend the Note 10.1.

Reactions: besb421
Upvote 0
The Note 10.1's pricing has come down a lot. Its already at about 2/3 the price it used to have on release. Anyway, cut and paste is on every Android tablet. The S-Pen feature just makes it easier. And yes, the S-Pen only works on Notes. The S-Pen of a Galaxy Note will work on a Note II and a Note 10.1, but it wont work on an S3 or S4.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones