• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root clarification proclamation

meizme

May 3, 2011
please help us less knowledgeable understand a few things please.

1.) if you are rooted i understand that OS updates or OTA updates that take android from say 2.2 to 2.3 will not work but will the smaller upgrades to the base band rev. and stuff like that still apply?

2.) I didn't see a bat file for uninstalling the root (unroot) and to reapply the bloatware.

3.) is there a way that if my phone needs service and unroot it that they can tell it was rooted and not give service, assuming i used the hidden codes to restore to defaults too?

4.) is miketoolz going to release other SU appz that are compatible?

5.) can we run alternative launchers like launcher pro ,ADW, or panda on the indulge?

thanks in advance and i appreciate all that you have done for the community, mad respect goes to those involved.

I currently have my indulge rooted and almost all the bloat was removed, some of them had updated and thus not removed. titanium backup FTW and the wifi tether FTW2, /bow /respect. :D

1.) if you are rooted i understand that OS updates or OTA updates that take android from say 2.2 to 2.3 will not work but will the smaller upgrades to the base band rev. and stuff like that still apply?
OTA updates will likely not work, but we will post any updates available as soon as they are available, in a form rooted users can easily apply.

2.) I didn't see a bat file for uninstalling the root (unroot) and to reapply the bloatware.
The unroot is linked in the second post of the One Click Root thread.

3.) is there a way that if my phone needs service and unroot it that they can tell it was rooted and not give service, assuming i used the hidden codes to restore to defaults too?
Not if you don't leave behind anything like Wireless Tether.

4.) is miketoolz going to release other SU appz that are compatible?
Uh, what "SU apps"? As far as root and the associated tools... that's all us. ;)

5.) can we run alternative launchers like launcher pro ,ADW, or panda on the indulge?
Absolutely, and it's recommended - TouchWiz sucks a fat one.

thanks in advance and i appreciate all that you have done for the community, mad respect goes to those involved.
Thanks for your support!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones