• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clicking on Facebook Notifications Not Working Properly

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Just recently, the Facebook notifications stopped working correctly. If I get a Facebook notification and click on it, it will just take me to the last place that I was last time I used the app, not to the comment or post that I actually clicked on in the notification on my phone. If I click the globe in the Facebook app, said notification will no longer be highlighted the same way as the notifications that I have not yet seen, indicating that it is not new, even though I have never visited whatever comment or post that it is.

It used to work correctly. If I got a notification about someone commenting or something, I would click on the notification, it would open the Facebook app right to that comment.

Anyone know how to fix this? I checked to make sure that my Facebook app is updated to the latest version. Other than that I am not sure what else I can do.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones