• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Clock Bar" blocking lock screen wallpaper

Perhaps this has been addressed previously, but i haven't found an answer yet. every picture i put up on my lockscreen wallpaper gets cut off by that stupid lock bar with the clock on it. does anyone know how to make that go away or transparent at least? it is driving me crazy and i haven't "found an app for that" yet. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
9f628_rosie7-lock-screen2.jpg
SEE IT!?! IT'S TAUNTING ME!!!!!

i keep seeing root come up, but i'm not quite sure of what it is and what it's for, as well as it's possible pitfalls such as voiding my insurance or the manufacturer's warantee etc... can someone spell it out for me, or point me to a page that does, in plain english for stupid people?

The simple answer to "what is root?": Think of your phone as a dress suit. You can either buy off the rack and it may or may not fit you. Its basically one size fits all. Root is like taking that same suit be able to take it to a tailor to alter it to your liking. Root allows you to do whatever you like to your phone (within reason).

This should answer all your questions:

http://androidforums.com/all-things...read-new-roms-links-updated-04-06-2010-a.html

As far as your insurance or warranty, the likelihood of bricking your phone is slim to none. Just make sure that your battery is fairly charged before flashing anything.

Upvote 0
As far as your insurance or warranty, the likelihood of bricking your phone is slim to none. Just make sure that your battery is fairly charged before flashing anything.

I'm not so much afraid of ruining my phone by doing this, it's the fear that say i drop my phone in a puddle, will my "rooted" phone still be covered? or will vzw detect the firmware changes and deny my claim?

Upvote 0
It's not likely they'd check - and even if they do, they might not care - but I think it's a possibility.
unfortunately, that is not acceptable for me as i can not afford to replace my very expensive phone at cost... I am still seeking a solution for this problem. as for "Of The Damned"s suggestion of themes for lock 2.0, can i make my own wallpaper for a theme, or for lockbot can i do the same and could someone post a screen cap of it so i know what i'd be looking at?

Upvote 0
unfortunately, that is not acceptable for me as i can not afford to replace my very expensive phone at cost... I am still seeking a solution for this problem. as for "Of The Damned"s suggestion of themes for lock 2.0, can i make my own wallpaper for a theme, or for lockbot can i do the same and could someone post a screen cap of it so i know what i'd be looking at?
I hear ya. I didn't mess with the OS until I decided I'd be willing to deal with the posible consequences if something went wrong and VZW wouldn't fix it.

Lockbot can be seen in action here: LockBot Pro v1.12.0 Application for Android | Entertainment

I had it for a few hours and decided it felt kind of clunky, so I uninstalled it. If you really dislike the stock lockscreen though, it might be worthwhile to you.

I misspoke earlier when I mentioned Lock 2.0 - I haven't personally used that, but you can look into it here:
Lock 2.0 v3.9.1 Application for Android | Entertainment

Upvote 0
I have both Lockbot Pro and Lock 2.0. Both allow you to use your own picture or download skins created by others. I have been using Lock 2.0 instead of Lockbot for quite some time simply because I found a few skins that I like and haven't gone back. Unfortunately, Lock 2.0 is limited to "iphone style" lock screens. I might eventually go back to Lockbot just for the sake of keeping the android feel....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones