• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockworkMod Install driving me crazy...

smesj

Lurker
Feb 6, 2013
I sincerely apologize if this is in the wrong section or has been answered elsewhere.
I am going crazy! For the past five hours I have been trying in vain to root my Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I757M. The worst part is that I cannot even pass the stage of flashing the ClockworkMod.
I have downloaded Odin and it detects my phone just fine. I click on the boot loader option and select the .tar file. I click start and everything goes just fine. Odin returns a pass and says everything was a success.
However, when I try and boot from the recovery mode (after allowing the device to reboot), it boots to the stock recovery manager every single time. I scoured the internet and found that if you allow the phone to fully boot sometimes it can overwrite the flash. So I unchecked the auto restart button and when the flash is reported as finished I removed the battery and attempted to boot to the recovery. This time I get the

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones