• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clockworkmod question

Ok so I wanna learn to get into clockworkmod through boot and not trough an app. Obviously because most of the time you need the cwm is when you cant get into the phone to use the app lol.

so when i boot and press the buttons my phone goes into this factory test mode not cwm mode. does that mean i do not have cwm and if that is the case how do I install cwm properly and easy and safe as possible

I'm going to have to leave this for someone with a little more experience with this type of phone. While it's quite possible that there is a version of CWM that will install on your phone, I wouldn't know how to tell. Sorry.

ya no problem at all I am doing my own reaserch while im at it aswell and id prefer someone say I do not know and good luck over. I dont really know but try this out and tell me if it bricks your phone lol

Upvote 0
haipai 19389 and I know its a clone but i have been in cwm befor when I used droid tool to boot into it so there has to be a way or a version to get it on my phone.

What droid tool? If you've booted into cwm on this phone, then it seems it's already been installed as your recovery? If you believe that's the case and are just looking to access it by using physical buttons on the phone, about all anyone could recommend is trying every combo. Which by the look of your phone seems to be volume down + power (reported on another site to bring up the same test mode you noted), volume up + power, both volumes at the same time, both volumes at the same time + power.

If none of those combinations work, I'm not sure what to tell you. Seems there's very little documentation on your phone unfortunately.

Upvote 0
What droid tool? If you've booted into cwm on this phone, then it seems it's already been installed as your recovery? If you believe that's the case and are just looking to access it by using physical buttons on the phone, about all anyone could recommend is trying every combo. Which by the look of your phone seems to be volume down + power (reported on another site to bring up the same test mode you noted), volume up + power, both volumes at the same time, both volumes at the same time + power.

If none of those combinations work, I'm not sure what to tell you. Seems there's very little documentation on your phone unfortunately.

ok ill try those combos and see what happens and get back to you. Also it is a clone phone so I am not surprised there is not much info on it so no worries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones