• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

I know that CWM is looking in the wrong place because of the log file that you can have CWM place on the sd card :)

oh

hopefully I will have time soon tho fix this, but I have to research it

thank you for brining it to my attention, because it slipped pass me

:::update::: it does work I have tested it and confirmed it

Upvote 0
Hey Have I told you how much I like your work?
but I really hate MegaUpload :p
Or maybe im just too impatient I hate waiting, and unfortunately I dont have money to spend on premium.:(

This post is just for fun by the way :D

i will take recomendations, I dont upload alot of stuff, so i dont know what the good sites are

i dont want to have to create an account, easy to use, no pop ups, or 20 download links on one page

Upvote 0
are you choosing

reboot recovery or reboot system now

reboot recovery reboots phone and brings you back into recovery

reboot system now should reboot phone and load Android
Strange as it sounds, it reboots into recovery from the reboot system now.

I did some testing on it, i brought it up earlier I odined my phone back to stock did the update did the kernel did the cwm and at that point reboot system worked perfecly, then I did shabbymod and from that point on I hit reboot system it reboots back to recovery, hit it again and it boots system.

As far as uploads go, I dont upload much myself, I have my home server I put things there if I need to.
All my pics are hosted on my server.

Upvote 0
are you choosing

reboot recovery or reboot system now

reboot recovery reboots phone and brings you back into recovery

reboot system now should reboot phone and load Android

always reboot system, anytime you flash a mod or do some kind of recovery type action, it seems to always require a 2nd reboot to get back into the system

same choice, just takes 2 times to get back into system once you've booted into recovery, either by vol up or boot into recovery from some app

and just for kicks i tried to reboot from recovery after doing nothing but just choose reboot into system now

guess what? 2nd time it will

it works, so i guess there's that

maybe it's just my phone since it got stuck at boot animation the first time i tried to install, after killing the loop 3 times i did a factory/cache wipe and then it loaded up normal, except for having to always reboot twice ?

Upvote 0
always reboot system, anytime you flash a mod or do some kind of recovery type action, it seems to always require a 2nd reboot to get back into the system

same choice, just takes 2 times to get back into system once you've booted into recovery, either by vol up or boot into recovery from some app

and just for kicks i tried to reboot from recovery after doing nothing but just choose reboot into system now

guess what? 2nd time it will

it works, so i guess there's that

maybe it's just my phone since it got stuck at boot animation the first time i tried to install, after killing the loop 3 times i did a factory/cache wipe and then it loaded up normal, except for having to always reboot twice ?

so just to get this straight
if you unplug battery and put back in
power on with vol up to go into recovery and then do nothing but choose reboot system now, it will restart system and go into recovery again?

Upvote 0
does this work without shabby's kernel? also when trying to install the stick.zip it gives me a error ... but CWM loads up fine after bootup! maybe installed already...

Code:
-- Installing: /sdcard/stick.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
E:Can't open/sdcard/stick.zip 
(bad) 
Installation Aborted

did you download the stick.zip from my link

if not, do so and them copy to sdcard again, and flash from cmw

if that dont work try toggeling asserts and sigs

Upvote 0
can anyone tell me why cwm wont let me make a back up of my stock ROM? it ask for me to make a back name then it boots back up into the recovery mode i guess it is.

ACS updater does the same thing..... or even tho i named the file what i wanted to, is it the update,zip file and should i be applyin the update.zip?

cmw does not ask for backup name

your not using cmw, your doing something else

Upvote 0
so just to get this straight
if you unplug battery and put back in
power on with vol up to go into recovery and then do nothing but choose reboot system now, it will restart system and go into recovery again?

luckily i haven't needed to remove my battery yet, do you want me to try to see if it makes some kind of difference?

i'd rather not, unless you specifically think that is part of the problem

does removing and replacing the battery somehow reset the settings for CWM?

Upvote 0
yes, they are timestamped so just look at the time and date and delete the entire folder of the one you dont want.

It is a shame that you cannot rename them to something meaningful. I guess you could have several good themes and roms to choose from and switch easily. Of course you can always keep a list.

CWM is an ESSENTIAL addition to the Prevail. I would like to read a tutorial on the fine points of this great utility.

Upvote 0
It is a shame that you cannot rename them to something meaningful. I guess you could have several good themes and roms to choose from and switch easily. Of course you can always keep a list.

CWM is an ESSENTIAL addition to the Prevail. I would like to read a tutorial on the fine points of this great utility.
it may be a bit unwieldy but you can name them.....

make different folders, named
shaby.9
shabby.9 with simple green
shabby .8
yadayada. then put the backup that corrosponds with that into the folder.
then if you need it plug in to computer move that timestamped folder back to sd card in clockworkmod/backup

Upvote 0
luckily i haven't needed to remove my battery yet, do you want me to try to see if it makes some kind of difference?

i'd rather not, unless you specifically think that is part of the problem

does removing and replacing the battery somehow reset the settings for CWM?

whats wrong with moving battery? i do it all the time

it looks like new optimus may have figured it out

Strange as it sounds, it reboots into recovery from the reboot system now.

I did some testing on it, i brought it up earlier I odined my phone back to stock did the update did the kernel did the cwm and at that point reboot system worked perfecly, then I did shabbymod and from that point on I hit reboot system it reboots back to recovery, hit it again and it boots system.

Upvote 0
I have not had the reboot into recovery issue at all. Maybe try this those of you with the issue, try rebooting your phone by turning it off then holding power and volume up.and when the first samsung screen loads release power while still holding up. That's how I usually do out when I go into recovery. If I hold them both the samsung screen comes up twice before continuing so maybe it's looping somehow.

Upvote 0
I have not had the reboot into recovery issue at all. Maybe try this those of you with the issue, try rebooting your phone by turning it off then holding power and volume up.and when the first samsung screen loads release power while still holding up. That's how I usually do out when I go into recovery. If I hold them both the samsung screen comes up twice before continuing so maybe it's looping somehow.

are you running shabbymod ?

Upvote 0
I thought of that. I usually let go off all 3 buttons when the samsung logo comes up. I will try just letting go of power.

Reactions: 666wicked666
Upvote 0
whats wrong with moving battery? i do it all the time

it looks like new optimus may have figured it out

nothing is wrong, i have a protective case on my phone that doesn't come off easily and i don't like popping out the battery when it's not needed

according to optimus it sounds like it has something to do with using shabbymod, am i understanding that correctly?

i am using shabby 0.9 so that does sound plausible, are all shabby users experiencing the double reboot?

Upvote 0

if you're referring to my posts, i don't believe we are even talking about the same issue

Upvote 0
according to optimus it sounds like it has something to do with using shabbymod, am i understanding that correctly?

i am using shabby 0.9 so that does sound plausible, are all shabby users experiencing the double reboot?

honsetly i can not say if it is or is not ShabbyMod

when i created the cmw i was on ShabbyMod 0.9 and it worked fine

hopefully some more people will post their results

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones