• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Closed] Speculation - Root Method for ZTE ZMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.....they were busy talking about what metro/tmobile might trade for the AWESOME ZMAX...

You should check out the XDA ZMAX thread.....it's like watching All My Children meets Gilligan's island.....

It's serious...then it's wacky....then you wanna choke someone for being a troll...then you're "huh????"....then you're "WTF?!?!"..........

It almost challenges what we preach about reading being fundamental....

The last thing someone said...that may just be more "hot text air".......isssssss.....

ZTE may reissue the ZMAX....

what, when, why, who...I dunno...

Hearsay has become the norm in a very UN XDA way.........

I wanna ignore them...but, it's like reading the Sunday Funnies.....what will Charlie Brown do next???????

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!!!!
The xda thread for the avant used to be the same way. I think it's just what happens when one thread is used for anything and everything having to do with a particular device. You get complete anarchy and chaos.

Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
He any device that doesn't have a root exploit devolved into anarchy on xda, I seen it dozens of times here and there. My favorite ones are the I am going to try this super old exploit from 2010 doesn't hurt to try right?.

If the zmax were to be rooted I would say look towards Mofo root the turbo has.

I really think they pulled the phones because people are idiots and, not because they sold too well (they would had discontinued the motion early in that case)

Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
This frustrates the crop out of me! I just got rid of my LG spirit right before I was gonna root it because metro informed me that it wouldn't work on the network as of August.... Now I can't root this phone! Great, I'm a layman who's wanted for years to learn how to exploit my android. I keep running into problems like this!

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna_Tuna
I tried getting as much confirmation from the ZTE guy as I could.

He wasn't lying, if his information was accurate.

As far as the tmo rep at the CEO of tmo's office, we may consider her cc mail to me, was a official response to my complaint of unlocking bl and she was responding to the FCC on the complaint. Note it is dated back on Feb. 4, 2015 . I believe it was the same time as the other Executive Response email came from other user here. Also note I left her tmo ceo number showing in attached jpg of her email cc to me.
Here is her c.c. email to FCC attached.

I got this same email in PDF form before the FCC complaint when I receive the true followup from T-Mobile via snail mail which takes 1-2weeks so roughly 1 week left, I will scan it and upload. I can promise you it will be happening and am actually waiting for the file from ZTE engineering department as we speak. I had a conference with ZTE's tech support and that department earlier today. As I said once and will say again, I have no reason to troll. I will say however if I get one more threat or accusation that says otherwise I will disregard this thread only reply to a few people in this thread that have been here with me from day one.

Also like to point out root has been obtained on this phone for over 3 weeks. The reason its still to be posted is it being worked into a app and its not perm yet. If you guys can't be patient and support the people fighting and helping you out do not comment or go buy a mainstream phone with more support.
Hey, have you given up on this? I'm extremely interested in achieving root on my phone... I appreciate all the effort being made to get it done

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones