1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root CM 7.0 Nightlies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tfleming23, Jan 18, 2011.

1. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

4 was obviously abducted by aliens.

Advertisement

2. dpn982

dpn982 Guest

Any one else getting an error when trying to download from rom manager and the following from the download site:

502 Bad Gateway

Nevermind looks like its up again.

3. crackdroid1

crackdroid1 Well-Known Member

I installed Full-2 and TiBu causes reboots whenever I attempt to restore my apps...help? Restoring apps works in CROM Beta and UD.

4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Same thing happened to me... TiBu is buggy as all get out on CM7, when it did work it didn't restore any of the apps I had installed to my SD card. I'm going to give My Backup Root a go for my next wipe, also Root Tools by JRummy has an app backup and restore option.

5. messenger13

I've got my battery life back! Not sure if it was Full 3, and Full 5 ... or the new kernel I started using. But whatever ... 7 hours of quite a bit of use, and I'm at 70%. Usually by now (with a GB ROM), I'd be at about 40%. I switched to Chevy's LOW voltage 1GHz kernel (not the ULTRA-LOW one).

6. lbaxter

lbaxter Well-Known Member

Are you using the GB kernel or the one from froyo?

7. messenger13

In ROM Manager, it's under Froyo/Gingerbread kernels.

8. publicanimal

publicanimal Android Enthusiast

Pete Alfonso just released a slew of low voltage Gingerbread kernels here:
    Peter Alfonso

I've been running his 1 GHz Gingerbread kernel for the last couple days and I'm pleased with it so far. Seems to jibe well with CM7. I'm going to try the 1.1 GHz one now and see how I like it.

9. publicanimal

publicanimal Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip on the Honeybread theme, it DOES look amazing!

10. eXsoR

eXsoR Member

Going to try out Chevy#1 1.0 Ghz low voltage. :D

11. magdelaine

magdelaine Android Enthusiast

12. eXsoR

eXsoR Member

Going to install build#6!

I had bluetooth problems today with #5 when i pressed the mean button to hang up and pick up calls it was not working, had to do it off the phone. any one else come across this?

13. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

:eek:

14. coonster

coonster Member

So far, Build 6 has been amazing. The nightlies prior to this were pretty good, but it seems this is just much smoother. Looks like we're getting there.

15. droidlover91

droidlover91 Newbie

Build #7 ready for action

16. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

Are there GB RC's in the near future for the DROID from cyanogen?

17. droidlover91

droidlover91 Newbie

These nightlies are GB candidates. Some more final RC's (which is what I think you're looking for) should be coming in the near future. these latest releases are getting steadily more complete.

18. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

I'm finally wiping, after installing everything around build 14 or so and never wiping again.

I've found that clearing the cache in market, then possibly rebootiing, and when opening market do not do anything else (like immediately pressing menu --> My Downloads) has allowed my installed apps to show again. previously, I had apps that would never show, and I had to keep checking AppBrain for updates. now, I'm good.

Also, since build #3 (of the new naming scheme) I've found that the market picks up more easily on apps restored by TiBu.

On the flip side, Car Home is no longer downloadable from the market

19. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Android Enthusiast

From CVPCS's (Droid's maintainer) twitter:

20. coonster

coonster Member

Can we wire-tether natively with the Droid? Or do we need an app for it? The wireless on Wireless Tether for Root Users is always sketchy, going in and out randomly. Or it makes the 3G on the phone simply fluctuate.

21. messenger13

Wired tethering is always an option. In Settings > Wireless & network settings > Tether

22. coonster

coonster Member

It's all coming back to me now. You need Windows for it, right? I'm on OSX so....

23. messenger13

I guess all you can do now is give me your DROID and go buy an iPhone. :p

24. messenger13

Another day, another build. #8! Bam!

25. lbaxter

lbaxter Well-Known Member

Can't...stop...downloading...CM7...nightlies...must...have...RC!!!