• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
To disable ota update notifications you need root and a root browser. In your root browser navigate to the very root of your device. There should be a folder called ect. Open it. Then there should be a folder called security open that. Finally there should be a file called otacerts.zip or something like that. Rename that whatever you want. Reboot and it should go away after a while.

Upvote 0
Complete noob here - I'm wondering if someone could ELI5:

• Is this ROM not CM? If no, what is the benefit of installing it? Is it a modified version of KitKat?
  • What do I have to do before I install this ROM? Something about a recoverymod?
  • Is this ROM fully functional? What features will I have to live without?
  • How do I install everything?
  • What is the risk of bricking?

Upvote 0
This ROM is just a modified version of the stock ROM. No KitKat or anything special. To install you need Clock Work Mod (CWM) recovery installed. It is mostly functional. For some people the play store is buggy. To install read every post in this thread, its been said countless times. If you property install CWM then bricking should not be a problem.

Reactions: ihaveagalaxyring
Upvote 0
This ROM is just a modified version of the stock ROM. No KitKat or anything special.

Oh ok, but what is the benefit of installing?

To install you need Clock Work Mod (CWM) recovery installed. It is mostly functional. For some people the play store is buggy.

Ok that's fine I don't really use the play store that much

To install read every post in this thread, its been said countless times. If you property install CWM then bricking should not be a problem.

ok

Upvote 0
Mostly what this ROM does is made your ui look like kitkat's. It also adds some animations. There really isn't any benefit other than to make your device look like KitKat.

Do you have a screenshot of the UI? The lockscreen and homescreen, for example?

Also if you have any more questions about install after looking at the thread feel free to ask.

Ok, thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones