• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well, after about a week and a half, I finally received my replacement 64GB SD card in the mail. I figured I could finally be able to get a nandroid backup.

The problem is that now when I try to "backup to external sdcard", I get a "Can't mount backup path."

Seems the SD card is able to be seen from the phone/computer and I am able to transfer files to the SD card w/ no errors..just doens't work in CWM Recovery mode for some reason.

Upvote 0
Well, after about a week and a half, I finally received my replacement 64GB SD card in the mail. I figured I could finally be able to get a nandroid backup.

The problem is that now when I try to "backup to external sdcard", I get a "Can't mount backup path."

Seems the SD card is able to be seen from the phone/computer and I am able to transfer files to the SD card w/ no errors..just doens't work in CWM Recovery mode for some reason.

what kind of sd card is it? Sandisk?

Upvote 0
what kind of sd card is it? Sandisk?

Yep, it's a sandisk. They were pretty quick to issue a replacement.

Even when I try to mount it the CWM I get a "Error mounting /external_sd!" message.

even tried flashing Odin again...still getting errors.

Edit: looks like I might have received a bad SD replacement. I tried to backup to a different SD and it worked. Tried reformatting this one w/ the phone and SDFormatter for PC and neither worked. Guess I just have to buy a new SD

Upvote 0
The problem is the sandisk 64 GB card. Those specific ones tend to have problems with the galaxy ring, but as far as just normal operation it should work fine. No need to rush and buy a new one. Just flash with another SD card an you should be able to use your 64 GB one. A word of warning though this ROM needs a bit of work so be prepared for a few downs here and there.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm thinking about getting another SD for my GF's tablet. What type of 64GB SD card would you recommend?

Pretty much 64gb cards are iffy on android in general.
Save syour self the headache and just go with a good class ten 32gb chip.
Its nice to see some progress on this phone. Mine is real ready for a cleanup by now.
Oh, I also found that these. Chips have a limited read/write cycles. I have been symlinking alot of the apps and the phone slows to a crawl on writes. Still worth it though, all that additional space makes up for the cost of the chip every 6months or so.
Great guides you all put up here. I had a pretty big learning curve with odin never worked with it before. Having the info all together like this makes it much easier for all.
Thanks All.
Ben

Upvote 0
For those that may have problems with gapps google now.. just look for GNow Handle Bars and the off-line component.The GApps pack I have installed is the JB 4.1 20121011 pack.
The gnow and other app/mods courtesy of Christian Troy.
I'm going to give this build a shot today, will report back after.
Thanks all!
Ben

any luck?

Upvote 0
steve im sorry if i seem to be bombarding you with bug after bug but these next ones are serious.

1. everytime i try to install or update apps i get this problem. idk if its me, or the rom. restarting doent fix it but logging out of my google account does.

Ro1RY7v.png
xLIwNly.png

2. notification sounds play when they want to. half the time they dont at all. i was thinking if you could change the third option in the short volume control menu back to notifications it might better address the problem.

im sorry about all this... im probably the most problematic person on this forum. i tried google but alas no fixes.

this just happen to me today and i cant finger out what to to:mad:

Upvote 0
this just happen to me today and i cant finger out what to to:mad:
The issue is actually simpler then you think, I did a bit of research and found out two things.

Method A
While this first method addresses the issue, in some cases it doesn't always work. To apply this fix, you must go to Settings > Application Manager > All

Click on Google Play Store then Clear Cache

Then go back and click on Google Services Framework and Clear Cache

Reboot the device (Full, not Soft) and that addresses the issue.

Method B - What worked in my case
- Go to Settings
- Under Accounts, click on Google
- Remove the Google Account
-- If you have more then one Google Account, remove the one you use for Play Services.
- Re-setup the Google Account
- Reboot

That should fix all the issues. If it doesn't, it could be a deeper issue that would need looking into.

Upvote 0
Bad link. And since I haven't been back I never posted re:the ROM,same issue as the rest Play issues. Not really linked to KitKat as I have been using 4.4 on other devices with no probs. Oh... Google has no solution either just remove and readd the account over and over. I don't know if this a multi account issue or not but I do have quite a few and removed all but 2 and still the same headache..
Later,
Ben

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones