• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 Unofficial Beta

people try to do to much to there phones..... What's the point?
I would agree except if I really prioritized I'd buy a phone that actually worked well. I've had nothing but problems with the Volt, and all I do is constantly try to fix them. I don't care about over clocking but it's constantly freezing from the low CPU settings. I don't care about the ROM but stock is too bloated and the ui is all gross. I just want it to work and be clean and fast enough to not freeze, but everything I try has another issue. Lately it's LTE.

I think the real issue is that most of us don't put the money in to buy a good phone.

Reactions: totalrecarl
Upvote 0
I would agree except if I really prioritized I'd buy a phone that actually worked well. I've had nothing but problems with the Volt, and all I do is constantly try to fix them. I don't care about over clocking but it's constantly freezing from the low CPU settings. I don't care about the ROM but stock is too bloated and the ui is all gross. I just want it to work and be clean and fast enough to not freeze, but everything I try has another issue. Lately it's LTE.

I think the real issue is that most of us don't put the money in to buy a good phone.
Honestly, outside of the disgusting UI, the Volt is pretty solid on stock. I debloated the hell out of it and am actually really happy with the performance.

If you're looking for a powerhouse gaming phone, look elsewhere. This isn't your machine.

Upvote 0
Honestly, outside of the disgusting UI, the Volt is pretty solid on stock. I debloated the hell out of it and am actually really happy with the performance.

If you're looking for a powerhouse gaming phone, look elsewhere. This isn't your machine.

I agree. The volt beats the s3 in everything but ram, and since I won't shell out hundreds for an s4 or 5 and refuse to use apple products, the volt is king.

For what we are getting on the volt (quad core, NFC, led notifications, qremote, front camera, 4.7" screen, etc) its a hell of a deal.

Andrew fisher, use ROM toolbox to freeze anything you don't use on the stock ROM and see how much of a difference it makes. Also I'd recommend using an app like lux to replace the missing light sensor for auto brightness. I got rid of the stock launcher and use apex, and use gravitybox to theme closer to stock. And xinternalsd is great for changing default saving settings to the external SD.

Also, be patient guys, Roms are hard to develop. Its not an overnight process, and for a phone that didn't get a lollipop update Bad_Mofo is kicking major butt.

Upvote 0
Oooo so the LTE bug might be fixed. Still going to wait and see if it's 100% fixed before I flash this ROM
It's not 100% fixed but it does seem a little better. I only have issues about twice a day with the LTE handoff.

Edit: possibly related to this (?):
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...not-turning-back-after-while.html#post3611054

Also this:
http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Interesting if nothing else...

Edit #2
I'm trying this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/lte-sprint-fix-11-16-t2521223

Last edited:
Reactions: aguba
Upvote 0
So LTE is fixed in the latest update?
I literally just answered that. No, it's not fixed but it does seem better.

I'm pretty sure the problem is Sprint's implementation of LTE. If you look up eCSFB on Google you will find a lot of issues with how Sprint's tri-band phones handle circuit switch fallback, which I'm pretty certain is related to this issue.

It also depends on the towers in your area. As far as I understand, if they've been updated to eCSFB, the fix in the link at the end of my post seems to work.

Now, if I'm right about what the issue is, the fix would be to find a newer sprint phone with the lollipop update (LG G3 maybe) and pull the eCSFB method off it and put it in these ROMs.

Fixing them is half the fun though, and it gives you a better sense of how your phone operates :)
True.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0
Modified APN fix for VirginMobile

changed port and proxy to "0"
changed type to "default,admin,supl,mms,fota,hipri,internet"

Also using dial code #*#*4636*#*# under Set prefered nework type: LTE/CDMA auto (PRL) changing to LTE/WCDMA seems to have helped occasionally
and select radio band to PCS (1900-MHz)

Works for me;)

Attachments

• Universal_vmu_ApnFix-v.R2Null-0.zip
    173.3 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Kahroo and aguba
Upvote 0

Also using dial code #*#*4636*#*# under Set prefered nework type: LTE/CDMA auto (PRL) changing to LTE/WCDMA seems to have helped occasionally

Works for me;)
That dialer code doesn't work.

Upvote 0
The LTE/WCDMA actually gets better speeds for me. I don't have the greatest speeds where I live but it is what it is. I tried 2 different server locations and both locations had faster speeds with the LTE/WCDMA
a7846d2fb37dd4f62b24be06a88aec89.jpg

Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0

Works for me;)
But what about if you're using a boost phone?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate to be such a nag or seem like a noob, but at the beginning of the comment list, everyone is talking about the boot image.

Is that flashed with the update package? Or do I have to do that manually using flashify?

I don't want to flash it because I'm afraid it might brick my phone. is it safe to flash the boot.img in the update package using flashify?

Upvote 0
I hate to be such a nag or seem like a noob, but at the beginning of the comment list, everyone is talking about the boot image.

Is that flashed with the update package? Or do I have to do that manually using flashify?

I don't want to flash it because I'm afraid it might brick my phone. is it safe to flash the boot.img in the update package using flashify?
I don't think you need it anymore

Upvote 0
I don't think you need it anymore

Alright, I just wanted to make sure because people said the rear camera was working after flashing the boot.IMG and that's currently one of my problems, the camera isn't working it's saying that there is no rear camera hardware..

is it still safe to flash with flashify?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones