• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 won't update

PokeFan011

Lurker
May 28, 2015
everytime i try to update (tried both with clockwork and cyanogen recoveries) it fails.
my model is the "flo" model and i'm on 12.1-20150530-NIGHTLY-flo
i've tried updating through the cm updates app and through rom manager (by clockwork), and both methods fail. i have a few things i would try through nexus root toolkit (unroot and stock, etc.) but they require settings that i can't find. HELP?

EDIT: i'm also rooted and i think unlocked bootloader.

everytime i try to update (tried both with clockwork and cyanogen recoveries) it fails.
my model is the "flo" model and i'm on 12.1-20150530-NIGHTLY-flo
i've tried updating through the cm updates app and through rom manager (by clockwork), and both methods fail. i have a few things i would try through nexus root toolkit (unroot and stock, etc.) but they require settings that i can't find. HELP?

EDIT: i'm also rooted and i think unlocked bootloader.
I'm not sure what to tell you about why it won't update, but, with your nightly being so old (may was a long time ago) I'd just do a clean flash. Get yourself the most current nightly (or even the snapshot that came out a few days ago) and a newer GApps package and just flash new.

Edit: oh and make sure you have the latest version of the recovery of your choice (TWRP for me).

Sent from my Moto G XT1034 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones