• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CM6 vs CM7

Well Gingerbread has no specifications for phones to run it so probably Gingerbread officially hasn't been made for it because the people at Huawei have better phones to take care of :-(. I haven't used CM6 so I can't say it is better, but I'm content with 7. The best way to find out with one is better is to use them both and decide for yourself.

Reactions: Kuzco
Upvote 0
Is there any advantage to having CM7 over 6 or vise versa? I am asking cause I feel like CM6 would be better for my Ascend cause Froyo is officially released for the phone, so I would think the phone would be much more compatible with it. Help?
Never think that. ;) in most cases its because the carrier doesnt care, or is to cheap to pay the manufacturer to update it.
Well Gingerbread has no specifications for phones to run it so probably Gingerbread officially hasn't been made for it because the people at Huawei have better phones to take care of :-(. I haven't used CM6 so I can't say it is better, but I'm content with 7. The best way to find out with one is better is to use them both and decide for yourself.
true about GB, wrong about Huawei, they just dont care, dont comply with the GPL, and quite frankly, build crap products. ;)

Upvote 0
all a matter of personal preference. ;)

both are good, but if you like bar code scanners go with cm6, but cm7 you can customize it more and there are more themes and stuff also.

Well I could careless about themes. All I want to know is which has better performance and battery life. But then again every ascend is different.

Upvote 0
Well I could careless about themes. All I want to know is which has better performance and battery life. But then again every ascend is different.

Well if that's your concern then you should go with CM7. It has better management of battery life and RAM since it is based off 2.3. But in actuality you can install either one and use 3rd party programs like juice defender to protect your battery more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones