• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting multiple bluetooths to S3

avf88

Lurker
Aug 13, 2012
I have bluetooth in my car Microsoft UVO and my samsung bluetooth earpiece. If my S3 is connected to my earpiece it will not connect to my car bluetooth and I have to disconnect one to connect the other.

any ideas how I can connect both to my phone simultaneously ? On my Iphone I can connect 2 or even more simultaneously and choose the one I want to use without having to disconnect one and reconnect the other.

I cant believe this "high tech" piece of pixels doesnt have some of the most basic of functions. Please help

You can have multiple bluetooth devices connected at once but they cannot use the same profiles.

For instance, you can connect to a stereo a2dp profile on one bluetooth device and a phone profile on another device simultaneously.

I connect to 3 devices at once, a stereo bluetooth dongle in the car, a headset, and an OBDII Elm327 diagnostic vehicle scanner.

In your case, if you want to connect to both, you need to uncheck the "Call audio" in the settings for that specific device. Make sure only "Media audio is connected". Next, for your headset, if it only supports "Call audio" i.e. the phone profile, then your done and you don't need to do anything. If your headset is a newer one that supports media audio, you'll need to go to the settings and do just the opposite you did for the car media bluetooth and deselect "Media audio" leaving only "Call audio" checked.

Reactions: rb3 and avf88
Upvote 0
Tried it and you are right about the profiles but the issue is that once a call comes in or out the car disconnects. I want a simple process where once I am in the car the car bluetooth and both the earphone connect simultaneously and I can choose either to use. Here I have to disconnect one entirely to connect the other.

Upvote 0
Don't know what to say. Both my car stereo bluetooth and headset bluetooth stay connected at the same time and I don't have to disconnect one to use the other. I can be playing music through the stereo bluetooth, get a call, music will pause automatically when I answer the call and resume when I hang up. It's all really quite seemless.

Upvote 0
Still not happy that I have to keep switching off one bluetooth and then connect the car bluetooth. It should connect to both and allow me to choose either one to use without having to disconnect/reconnect routine. :(

In would suggest, starting from scratch... Forget all the connections and start again, with the profiles separated and try again...It may be remembering the old profile and disconnecting because of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones