• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constant Downloading Icon

Ironclad

Feb 28, 2012
Norf Devun
I have just got a new 3D and have DLed a couple of apps. Just an hour ago I DLed "create a custom ringtone", a HTC Sense standard vid guide.
In the top corner (status bar?) I am still seeing the DL icon, as if something is DLing. The ringtone thing was a short video, I've watched it but not deleted it. Trouble is this apparent activity is murdering my battery, the 3D isn't exactly remarkable for juice life anyway but the thing is around 60% now, and has been on for maybe 2hrs!
What is going on do you think? :thinking:

Thanks!
While you are here, can you tell me how I can read the manuals that are supposed to be on the SD card. I can't find SD card in the menu.

Maybe someone familiar with your phone can chime in as I haven't heard of a phone coming with real instructions (but I haven't really used an HTC device).:D I actually (and I am not joking) learned 99% of what I know here. The folks here have real world experience with the phones and will be able to explain it to you in English, not abstract instruction lingo. Read threads, ask questions, and you'll be a pro in no time.:)

p.s. I am going the check my wife's HTC Rhyme tonight to see if they included a user guide on it somewhere.;)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums. If you don't mind my asking I'm curious which country you are in?
:D Sprint is the U.S. Mobile carrier that sells the phone (Just like Vodafone or Orange in the U.K. for example)
The phone is still called the HTC Evo 3D though.

I can't remember if the user's guide came pre-loaded on the U.S. SD card or not. Try opening Adobe Reader and see if it shows up as an available PDF. If not see the links below to download it to the phone

WORLD - HTC EVO 3D Product Support - HTC Help Center
  • In the top banner click 'User Guides'

U.S. - HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) - Help
  • There is a great Q&A on this page with some basics.
  • Click the downloads tab and there is a Sprint Evo 3D User guide download near the bottom

U.S. - Sprint.com - HTC EVO 3D Support
  • On the Left side banner there is a 'Learn more' link with the Sprint Evo 3D User Guide

If you try the Sprint User Guide, you will find some of the info applicable to Android and Evo 3D in general. Some of it will be Sprint specific though as well.

If the User's Guide is preloaded on the SD card, I do know that you cannot access it very easily from the phone, and you will not find an icon for the SD card like you are thinking.

There is no file browser (like windows explorer on a PC) pre-loaded. So out of the box you can't really click a shortcut to open the SD card contents. For that you will want to download a program like 'ASTRO File browser' from the Market. It allows you to browse the SD card files from the phone. (you can always plug into a PC and browse the files with Windows)

Upvote 0
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones