• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constantly have to reset APNs

Aris Santas

Lurker
Mar 3, 2016
Hey people, new to the forum so apologies if I put this in the wrong place or something like that.

Usually a few times per day, I lose service on my phone until I reboot it. Recently, I discovered that I can reset Access Point Names to default to fix this issue without rebooting my phone, but it's still a pain in the ass, and I don't always notice that I've lost service.

I've had this issue with my Samsung Galaxy S5 basically since I got it a year or so ago. I rooted it almost immediately, so I'm not sure if that could have caused this issue in any way. Right now, I'm running Cyanogen Mod 12, but I had the issue with the OS the phone came with, too.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue / how to fix it? Or if there's some way I could write a script to just automatically reset APNs to default every so often? Would that be a bad idea?

If you're unfamiliar with the reset APN process, on my phone it's

1) pull down status bar
2) Sprint (my carrier)
3) SETTINGS
4) 3 dot menu top right corner
5) Mobile networks
6) Access Point Names
7) 3 dot menu top right corner
8) Reset to default

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones