• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contest: Design your own Moto X! [Post your entries here]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MotoXTRON_2-2.jpg~original

MotoXTRON_2-3.png~original

Although I'd be happy with anything, my preference would be 32GB with a black charger. Here is the custom-edited wallpaper:
tron_wallpaper.jpg~original

My email is oneillperson@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Well, I was going to go with a stormtrooper design, but it ended up describing a 'white' phone. Kinda boring. So how about this...

Front: Black
Back: White
Accents: Bright Green, you know, that old-school terminal green.
Wallpaper: Matrix flying green characters on a black background... you know the one ;)

(Psst.. If you pick me, I'll give you all high fives :five: )

Upvote 0
Back: Black
Accents: Red
Engraving: People Are Strange
Custom Boot Sound: Stamina by Tech N9ne
Wallpaper:
7050178395_1d8645a3b6_o.jpg

I changed the wallpaper, i tweaked it a little, this would be better on a phone to me so its not zoomed on one part but I like both:
wallpaper-20130811-003543.png

I pick black and red to match Strange Music colors because it's my favorite music label and Tech N9ne is my favorite rapper

Reactions: estxxas
Upvote 0
I'm a Ford Mustang fan so I tired to come up with an overall theme for my design based on the GT500. I also tried to use as many of the custom options as possible for my criteria, since the whole point will be for you guys to make the most of the customization experience.

Okay here goes.

Back: Royal blue
Front: White
Accent: Silver, or metallic
Signature Engraving: "Shelby GT500"
Case: Clear snap case
Memory: 32 GB
Power on message: "A Racing Legend"
Wallpaper: If possible, the Shelby Cobra emblem, black background on the silver logo
Sol Jax Headphones: Royal blue, to match.

Upvote 0
Front: black
Back: crimson
Accents: metallic red
Greeting: "Hail to the king, baby" (spoken by Ash in Army of Darkness)
Engraving: "Be Different"
Wallpaper: something abstract, black & red

The color combo just because it would look great. Greeting is a double win, as I love AoD and it's also like saying the Moto X is king. The engraving is poking fun at Apple; the Moto X can be greatly customized, so you can be different and not just "think different" ;)

Upvote 0
Black and blue were my moms favorite colors, I've always wanted to have a phone that would let me have them and this seems to be it, now it would feel like she was always with me having this :)

Front: Black or White (you decide for me)
Back: Royal Blue
Accents: Black
Case: Clear
Signature: None
Storage: 32GB
Greeting: All made possible by Phandroid :)
Wallpaper: Phandroid logo
Engraving: None

N3Iiuyy.png

Sk9s98v.png

waeCYnS.png

Upvote 0
Back: Yellow
Buttons/Accents: Black
Engraving: CL4P-TP
Boot up message: Greetings minion!!
Wallpaper attached.

This would be an interesting and unique phone, great for a Borderlands fan.

Would be nice if the white stripes from the wallpaper carried over to the back too, I could always just add them on myself.

Attachments

• cu5h.jpg
    cu5h.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0
The Phandroid Moto X
Back: Royal Blue
Accent: Metallic Yellow
Signature: None (I like the back as clean as possible)
Memory: 32GB preferred, but 16GB would be manageable.
Power On: HOLOYOLO
Wallpaper: 2nd row, 3rd column (see below) (I will definitely throw a U of M wallpaper on it when I get it, but from what I can tell, you can't upload your own images).
wallpaper.png
Wall Charger: White

Front: (but with specified wallpaper)
front.png

Back View: (but with the white front. this is the closest I could find)
Moto X.png

Explanation: I have lived in East Lansing, MI (aka home of Michigan State University) my entire life. Unlike pretty much everyone else here, my entire family has gone to U of M and we are huge Wolverine fans (Go Blue!). So, I thought, what better way to rep blue and gold loud and proud around MSU campus than with a U of M inspired Moto X? Hence the royal blue back and yellow accents. The black front just looks bad with blue and yellow, so I went with white. It looks so clean. Speaking of clean looks, I like phones as text/logo free as possible, so I opted for no signature on the back. (The ATT logo is already pushing it :p). In terms of storage, 32GB would be preferred, but 16GB would definitely be manageable. As for the power on screen, it just had to be HOLOYOLO to pay tribute to the X's essentially stock UI as well as Matias Duarte's bad ass shirts.

Thanks guys for this amazing contest!

Upvote 0
Considering we are only a couple months from celebrating the 5 year anniversary of the HTC Dream launch, and the birth of Android devices, how about a shout out to how far Android has come.

Back: White
Accent: Metallic Silver
(Mimicking the White Dream scheme)
Engraving & Boot up Message: 5 years in the making
Wallpaper: a wallpaper with all the versions of Android tiled in the background. (Not like the one below, that's just to get the gist of it)

a3ahe6un.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm am a storm chaser and our colors are Black and Red. Winning this phone would be awesome and help my chase partner out a lot.

Okay here goes nothing my very first phone design.

Back: Black Carbon Fiber

Accent: Red

Signature Engraving:

Case: I would get my own at some point.

Memory: 32 GB

Power on message: Stock

Wallpaper: If possible, a tornado as the wallpaper

(Not sure if it matters or not I am on Verizon.)

Upvote 0
Between my two boys they love Superheroes & Sesame St/Muppets. I decided to give you guys three entries to choose from since they inspired me. I would love to be able to show them any of these 3 in real life. I hope this isn't seen as excessive entries.

Moto-X-Photos-Customization-Features-batman.jpg

Moto-X-Photos-Customization-Features-big-bird.pg

Moto-X-Photos-Customization-Features-ironman.jpg

P.S My favorite is Big Bird, but don't tell my older son that. I told them I would put up all three. ;)

Upvote 0
I call it Key Lime Pie!!!

STYLING:
Back: Lime Green
Accents: White
Signature: How's about some Pie
Case: Incase Clear snap

Features:
Memory: 32GB
Power on: umm! Tasty white screen with lime green Moto logo
Wallpaper: picnic with key lime pie on the table(if not lime green and white)
Google sync: Yes

Accessories: White charger, SOL lime green and white earbuds

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones