• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Control master volume with volume button

Hey there. Are you looking for an app to do this? I know of one that I use quite often, called Smart Volume Control +. It allows you to use profiles for volumes of certain things. You should be able to turn the volume of your ringer down if you're using your phone for other things.

Check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControlPlus

I hope it's what you're looking for. There's also a lite version if you want to just test it out for now.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Volume settings are split up. There's one for media, one for Notifications, one for System, etc.

When you adjust the volume for any one of those, eg Media, you can always press the little gear icon next to the volume slider, to adjust the other volume settings.

Are you saying it is not possible? Because we would like to have a single volume or a master control of all volumes.

Today I didn't wake up because the alarm volume was on minimum, I don't remember doing it, it probably happened when I was handling something else and an alarm hang.

This is not the first time this happened either so I would be really happy if android provided a solution.

Upvote 0
Hi @Vinícius Garcia, welcome to Android Forums. I hope you stay with us and enjoy your time here :).

I should point out that the post you replied to is dated 2014 and vosg has'nt been active since 2017.

Also, Android Forums has no direct influence with Android, we are, in the main, a like minded bunch of Android enthusiasts seeking solutions and helping each other, and having fun in the Forum Games threads.

:)

Reactions: Vinícius Garcia
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones