• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

convert UAE galaxy note 5 to UK

zzzrd

Lurker
Oct 1, 2017
Hi
I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong place, or has been asked before, but I'm in a bit of a flap trying to sort out a problem I have created for myself.
I recently bought a new UAE galaxy note 5 in the UK thinking that it would be like buying an iPad, that they are international devices that can be used (and updated) in any territory.
More fool me.
I now see that my phone is 'stuck on' android 6.0.1 and I can't update the firmware to Nougat or later OS's.
Is it possible to safely convert my UAE phone so that it runs a standard UK android OS as normal and gets future UK updates as they are released.
If possible; I'd rather do this in the simplest, quickest and safest way, withiut rooting (if possible).
Thanks for your help...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones