• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cortex A15(snapdragon s4) 40% faster than cortex A9

rjschroed

Sep 3, 2010
I just wanted to take a second to remind everyone that the Incredible 4g is rumored to have the new s4 snapdragon processor that is based on next generation A15 core. According to ARM "The Cortex A15 core is 40% faster than the Cortex A9 core, all other things being equal." I'm sure a lot of you already know this but I'm sure there will be more than a few people who swing by this forum to check up on the device in the coming weeks and think "pish, nothing special here." Just understand that when you see 1.2 GHz dual core it's not the same 1.2 GHz dual core that your getting on every other chip set (and honestly, I'm really hoping for 1.5 GHz myself). Why HTC and qualcomm aren't doing a better job of advertising this is a mystery.

Edited to remove misleading information from title

Not only that buy the S3 chip like in the HTC Sensation and HTC Rezound use old and outdated Cortex A8 cores (not even A9).

Cortex A15 and the Snapdragon Krait cores are 100% faster clock per clock than the Cortex A8 cores in the S3 chip.

What this means is that the S4 chip is TWICE as fast as the dualcore S3 in many phones, like the Rezound and Sensation.

Thanks for correcting my mistake. I thought I had, at one time, read about the s3 being based on the A9 but after you said something I had one of those oh yeah moments. To complicate matters, Qualcomm modifies the Ax cores to optimize them for their application.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones