• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crackberry addict converts to android

I've been a blackberry user for about 3 years. I was relatively happy on a T-mobile Pearl, but I really wanted a good touchscreen device. Shortly after the portly the G1 was unveiled, I bailed t-mo and moved to verizon and the BB Storm.

Despite the quirks and shortcoming, I actually liked my Storm. But when I saw the Eris in action, I knew I had to have it!

And the web browser... OMG! Coming from a blackberry, the web browser is sheer perfection!

The sense UI is what really makes this a brilliant device. It has everything the iPhone has and more.

I'm glad to find this forum and I home it can help me find the answers for the few issues I'd like to address;

-My Storm had a BEAUTIFUL charging dock (cradle). It hasn't been easy to find one for the Eris, though I did order one from eBay. What I'll really miss, though, was that the Storm automatically converted into a full-screen clock when plugged in. While I did figure out how to keep the home screen lit while charging, it's not quite as effective bedside clock as the storm was. The similar feature (weather station/clock) on the Moto Droid was the ONLY thing pulling me to that device instead, but I hold out hope that an app will be developed to add the function I'm looking for.

-Battery life (of course).

And I know it's a hardware issue, but I do miss the magnetically activated sleep mode of the blackberries. I do have the Eris set to pattern lock when it's in my pocket, but I'm sure that the screen constantly lighting up when the end/power button is pressed by my leg does severely cut into the battery life.

I'm happy to be here!

I've been a blackberry user for about 3 years. I was relatively happy on a T-mobile Pearl, but I really wanted a good touchscreen device. Shortly after the portly the G1 was unveiled, I bailed t-mo and moved to verizon and the BB Storm.

Despite the quirks and shortcoming, I actually liked my Storm. But when I saw the Eris in action, I knew I had to have it!

And the web browser... OMG! Coming from a blackberry, the web browser is sheer perfection!

The sense UI is what really makes this a brilliant device. It has everything the iPhone has and more.

I'm glad to find this forum and I home it can help me find the answers for the few issues I'd like to address;

-My Storm had a BEAUTIFUL charging dock (cradle). It hasn't been easy to find one for the Eris, though I did order one from eBay. What I'll really miss, though, was that the Storm automatically converted into a full-screen clock when plugged in. While I did figure out how to keep the home screen lit while charging, it's not quite as effective bedside clock as the storm was. The similar feature (weather station/clock) on the Moto Droid was the ONLY thing pulling me to that device instead, but I hold out hope that an app will be developed to add the function I'm looking for.

-Battery life (of course).

And I know it's a hardware issue, but I do miss the magnetically activated sleep mode of the blackberries. I do have the Eris set to pattern lock when it's in my pocket, but I'm sure that the screen constantly lighting up when the end/power button is pressed by my leg does severely cut into the battery life.

I'm happy to be here!
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones