• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Creating a boot animation, start to finish.

Well if u switched your card try the other one. Although I don't think that is the problem.

Te...terminal emulator ...go back to the xda thread and. Down load the other file and then fallow the instruction that u posted eirlier

Do you think I should wipe both caches and wipe the system. Becuase they said on XDA that it was a prefrence not a need. And allot of people that wiped were having problems with Wifi and other issues. This would be my first time flashing a rom.

Upvote 0
OK I didnt wipe anything and Iam stuck on the boot animation. What is it specificly that I have to wipe without wiping delvik cache and regular cache.
Wiping both of them won't harm anything, it's just cache files, but it will result in a longer initial boot because the caches need to be rebuilt. All reboots after that will be normal because caches won't need to be rebuilt.

I was stuck on a boot animation and pulled my battery. Rebooting after that seemed to have resolved the issue.

Upvote 0
Wiping both of them won't harm anything, it's just cache files, but it will result in a longer initial boot because the caches need to be rebuilt. All reboots after that will be normal because caches won't need to be rebuilt.

I was stuck on a boot animation and pulled my battery. Rebooting after that seemed to have resolved the issue.

I didnt try that but I ended up just wiping both caches and the data on the phone. But I have two nandroid back ups. One on my original 2.6.0.1 and one on the Amon Ra. I have to say CM7 does have its amazing animations but it does have this cartoon not so real look to it.
So now becuase I wiped everything. All I have to do to go back to my original state in my stock Rom is restore either of the nandroids correct.

Upvote 0
Be fore u flash any rom kernel or nandroid u should wipe cache and delvic

I saw I had to just tried without because I didnt want to wipe everything and you supposedly able to not have to wipe them but I got stuck in boot animation.
So to go back to my original stock state that I saved before installing this rom I got to restore nandroid and thats it.

Upvote 0
Orignal stock state would require u to run a ruu. And the s-on tool.. u sure that's what u want

No sorry that was choice of bad words. I ment that the nandroid will take me back to where I started before I loaded this CM7 rom. With all my settings and all my original caches and everything the way it was before I installed and erased everything I erased right thats what I ment by stock.

Upvote 0
Hey bro I didnt get to upload the animation today because I was looking into learning everything about flashing roms. I have been looking at CM7 and herd its been very stable finally with 4g, 3g, Camera, and Wifi working perfect and of course the mouse pointer one of the great reasons to switch. I than found a CM7 EX that is just sickness the animations and speed are just insane. So I have been researching everything about that today. I was just going to flash it I already got the zips and than herd about the CWM issue with using it to flash a Ginger bread Rom. I have 2.6.0.1 and not sure if it will be able to flash this rom because supposedly you need 3.0.0.0-3.0.0.5 for it to work. On XDA this is what they were saying it wasnt very clear. If anyone knows anything please let me know. I already read some articles on here about that only added to the confusion of this problem.

I tried uploading the bootanimation.zip and it gave me a problem because a security token was missing. I have no idea what the is about. Than tried to upload just the part0 folder but could only upload the images individually which theres 600 of them. Here the separate files which on part0 they are in order. Its only after you drop them in the 7zip folder they get out of order. This is the one I have been having very slow movement and the numerical ordered numbers which magically re ordering them selves the second I drop the three files into 7zip to make them a Zip folder.

I guess I can try to upload them to dropbox and I give you the link if you have dropbox. Let me know

2.6.0.1 will work and is the suggested cw recovery...

Upvote 0
Ya it will restore u to before the rom.... but wipe cache delvic and factory. A couple of times to make sure its all gone. then restore your. Nandroid

Ok great thanks again. Now once I have all my apps back which Iam going to do now I will upload the bootanimation and I will send you the link so you can look at it. What Rom are you running btw. Cause I have to say after an hour Iam really starting to like the CM7 EX. It has allot of animations and allot of custimization that is really worth it.

Upvote 0
Ok great thanks again. Now once I have all my apps back which Iam going to do now I will upload the bootanimation and I will send you the link so you can look at it. What Rom are you running btw. Cause I have to say after an hour Iam really starting to like the CM7 EX. It has allot of animations and allot of custimization that is really worth it.

Ya I'm sorta like ochnbra.( sure I spelled his user name wrong) I was indefferent to flashing an asop rom but since I have it seems to me that sence roms just don't measure up..
I am running kings gb 2.3 (and I will have to say its speed blows away any sense rom I have tried) and I am still finding different mods available with an asop rom.. there are minor things u some times have to fix with running an asop rom but the fixes and support to do the fixes are out there. As I am sure u learned this forum is awesome and people are always willing to help.

Upvote 0
I saw I had to just tried without because I didnt want to wipe everything and you supposedly able to not have to wipe them but I got stuck in boot animation.
So to go back to my original stock state that I saved before installing this rom I got to restore nandroid and thats it.

Well. Its been my experimce that wiping cache and dalvic prior to any system alterations usually avoids the common flashing problems that arise

Upvote 0
Ya I'm sorta like ochnbra.( sure I spelled his user name wrong) I was indefferent to flashing an asop rom but since I have it seems to me that sence roms just don't measure up..
I am running kings gb 2.3 (and I will have to say its speed blows away any sense rom I have tried) and I am still finding different mods available with an asop rom.. there are minor things u some times have to fix with running an asop rom but the fixes and support to do the fixes are out there. As I am sure u learned this forum is awesome and people are always willing to help.

ITS OCNBRZE:mad:
jk lol:D
yeah i was a total sense guy and i just did not really like aosp at least the early stuff like cm6 and miui. however the latest aosp roms are awesome. i really love kings gb rom (though i'm not digging his latest theme) as well as cm7.

Upvote 0
I am going to try out his r5 tomorrow.( I am so late. But can't seem to get away from this gb. Rom )

Well was setting everything up and I think I messed up on backing up everything on Titanium back up including settings. Everything was fine untill I did that. Now Iam getting Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly erros in allot of places.

My Gmail was taking 20 minutes to send me a email and wasnt notifying me of anything when it did get there. I tried going to into sounds to check to make sure notifications were turned on and than the same error except it was
Android.process. setting acore has stopped unexpectedly.

If anyone can tell me how to get rid of this problem I would be back to normal. I guess wipping the cache and delvik would fix this right. And than I would go back in not have to restore all my apps without this problem. But really did not want to wipe data again since I have not made a nandroid out of this new rom and dont want to re do everything with replacing the apps I put on my pages and all the setting I went through in both the Cyanogenmods and AWD settings.

Upvote 0
when you did the titanium backup and restore did you select the option with system data? if so then it might have saved a bit of the old rom and when you restored them, it will make the new rom have issues. i only backup and restore apps + data and not system data.

you can always try and wipe cache and dalvik cache. anytime i get glitches or errors like that wiping usually will take care of them.

Upvote 0
ITS OCNBRZE:mad:
jk lol:D
yeah i was a total sense guy and i just did not really like aosp at least the early stuff like cm6 and miui. however the latest aosp roms are awesome. i really love kings gb rom (though i'm not digging his latest theme) as well as cm7.

Yo I'm a fuufoooos.. I never accually read your name... ocean breeze ... I wont forgetit now

Upvote 0
when you did the titanium backup and restore did you select the option with system data? if so then it might have saved a bit of the old rom and when you restored them, it will make the new rom have issues. i only backup and restore apps + data and not system data.

you can always try and wipe cache and dalvik cache. anytime i get glitches or errors like that wiping usually will take care of them.

+1 I made that mistake once also. Creates all kinds of errors

Upvote 0

I actually only did the restore apps and data not system data. But the problem I think is that I loaded allot of the bloatware from sprint. I than deleted the ones I didnt want but I wanted to keep the sprint zone so I can easily pay for my phone but that one was also giving me the error. So I just deleted cache and delvik cache. I wiped both of them separately and that didnt work. So I guess I have to do a sytem wipe and than start from step one again with the CM7 Rom.

Than when I go restore my apps make sure I dont load anything from sprint correct.

Upvote 0
yeah that sound like what you should do. i always just freeze any bloatware that is included in any rom. i never delete them.

Ok so just freeze them not delete them. Anything else Iam just surprised it acting like I restored system data when I didnt. And another thing my battery view minutes and hours are not being accurate should I wipe the battery stats because the one in the Rom is amazing and is being accurate but whats great about the battery view it tells me how long I have before the battery runs out in hours and minutes and the same for recharching.

Update wiped data and now Iam stuck on the boot animation.So I guess this just wiped the rom I flashed. I thought wipping data is that I was erasing everything thing I had done after I installed the rom. Ok guess I have to flash the rom again.

Upvote 0
in tb just i do a batch backup for all user apps. i also uncheck any apps i do not want to back up. then i just restore all apps with data. not sure on battery view. never used it before, but wiping battery stats might help as well as wiping dalvik cache and cache.

I went ahead and wiped data and now Iam stuck on the boot animation.So I guess this just wiped the rom I flashed. I thought wipping data is that I was erasing everything thing I had done after I installed the rom. Ok guess I have to flash the rom again.

So when I go to restore only apps and data freeze all the stuff from sprint. Do you know anything else I should freeze to make sure I dodnt get that error again. Yeah when I backed up my apps I think I did more than user apps if thats even possible. I wanted to make sure I got everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones