• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cricket update messed up my phone

Should I try to wipe it and reinstall firmware?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709-151024.png
    Screenshot_20200709-151024.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Should I try to wipe it and reinstall firmware?

No don't wipe anything, Like I mentioned, go to a Cricket store, and have them check the phone, one of the agents there can check your phone with their SIM, to see if your card is defective. They can even check your SAIM and see if it is defective. That's the easiest and quickest way.

Also to make sure, your SIM has worked on this phone prior to the update, Correct ??

Upvote 0
sometimes, these agents are npt so qualified to check all these

Listen, I am with Cricket also, you don't need them to be smart, you simply want them to check the SIM card, and make sure the issue is SIM related and not phone related, this is the easiest and quickest way to get a resolution for your issue.

1) They can check your current SIM
2) they can test their SIM in your phone

These 2 test cost nothing and no need to spend on a new SIM card, until you are sure of the issue. They don't need to be Rocket Scientist.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones