1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cricket update messed up my phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by willsp28, Jul 8, 2020.

1. willsp28

willsp28 Well-Known Member

They said I would need to buy a new sim,which is fine but id like to know that a new sim would solve the problem

2. willsp28

Should I try to wipe it and reinstall firmware?

Attached Files:

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I think the best thing would be to stop in a Cricket store and have them do it for you.

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

No don't wipe anything, Like I mentioned, go to a Cricket store, and have them check the phone, one of the agents there can check your phone with their SIM, to see if your card is defective. They can even check your SAIM and see if it is defective. That's the easiest and quickest way.

Also to make sure, your SIM has worked on this phone prior to the update, Correct ??

5. TimPaige

TimPaige Lurker

sometimes, these agents are npt so qualified to check all these

6. DonB

Listen, I am with Cricket also, you don't need them to be smart, you simply want them to check the SIM card, and make sure the issue is SIM related and not phone related, this is the easiest and quickest way to get a resolution for your issue.

1) They can check your current SIM
    2) they can test their SIM in your phone

These 2 test cost nothing and no need to spend on a new SIM card, until you are sure of the issue. They don't need to be Rocket Scientist.

lunatic59 likes this.
  7. DonB

What did you end up doing, I may move your thread to the Cricket section, in-case you still didn't resolve, let me know

8. willsp28

hey guys it was the sim card, I had to buy a new sim card from kricket and now it works fime, I will be removing my sim card before doing any more updates in the future

DonB and lunatic59 like this.