• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Crisis with Flash Player

I am having trouble with this myself.
Flash installed fine (the version listed a few posts above).
But I am struggling with content.
Tried a few flash games and videos and they won't play.

Dolphin (including beta) - says in settings flash is disabled and cannot be enabled because it makes browser crash.
Boat - plays flash ads but won't play videos or games
Firefox (including beta) plays flash ads but no videos or games
Puffin Free - Plays EVERYTHING. Videos, games, anything I tried works fine in Puffin. Unfortunately, the free version of Puffin only allows you to play flash stuff for 14 days and I'm not keen on paying for a browser I will only use very occasionally.

So if Puffin plays it all, why won't any of the others?

Upvote 0
Correct, there is no way to get flash in chrome. I'm not using flash myself so I can't comment on a good way to get it to work. The most likely explanation as to why puffin works and the rest don't, is that puffin renders flash on their servers and not on your device. Flash has been discontinued for a while now and is not getting adjusted to the updates of Android so I expect more and more functionality to fail with the coming android versions.

Upvote 0
I am having trouble with this myself.
Flash installed fine (the version listed a few posts above).
But I am struggling with content.
Tried a few flash games and videos and they won't play.

Dolphin (including beta) - says in settings flash is disabled and cannot be enabled because it makes browser crash.
Boat - plays flash ads but won't play videos or games
Firefox (including beta) plays flash ads but no videos or games
Puffin Free - Plays EVERYTHING. Videos, games, anything I tried works fine in Puffin. Unfortunately, the free version of Puffin only allows you to play flash stuff for 14 days and I'm not keen on paying for a browser I will only use very occasionally.

So if Puffin plays it all, why won't any of the others?
Try what El Presidente posted in post #6. It worked for me. I use Boat now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones