1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CRT Lockscreen Animation Gone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdroid20, Dec 20, 2011.

1. mdroid20

mdroid20 Newbie

Hey so ive had my GN since launch, and absolutely loving it. Ive had a few minor issues, but overall an excellent experience.

One issue that i am having (admittedly a very small one) is that the CRT animation on the lock screen has stopped working. Instead of getting the nice CRT affect when locking the screen, it just turns off.

I cant seem to pinpoint why this has happened. I noticed it after i tried face unlock (i wanted to see how it worked and am no longer using it), but i don't know if that is what caused it.

Has anyone heard of this happening and does anyone have any tips on getting the lock screen animation back? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

And here I was thinking that animation, while fun, was kind of silly and unnecessary...

3. VeryEvilAsh

VeryEvilAsh Member

Haven't heard of this happening. Have you changed your animation settings for any of your icons? Maybe you changed the setting for the lock screen too.

mdroid20 likes this.
  4. mdroid20

mdroid20 Newbie

Like i said, its a small problem, but i like the animation and see no reason for it to stop working randomly.

And to answer the constructive answer, no i didnt change any settings that i know of.

Where could i look to make sure i didnt?

5. Go to Settings---Developer Options---Windows Animation Scale
    Ensure it is not set to Off. The default is 1. The higher the number the slower the windows animations are...Same with Transition Animation Scale.

CharlzO and mdroid20 like this.
  6. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

what mistamista said will fix your issue.

mdroid20 likes this.
  7. mdroid20

mdroid20 Newbie

Thank you sir, that worked. Funny part is that i definitely did not poke around in that setting, so i'm not sure what app changed it. Anyways thanks for the helpful info (btw it was set to .5 on each, so i put them to 1).

8. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

And this shows exactly why we are all different.

When that CRT animation first came out a year ago on other devices, I remember seeing over 100 threads just in one phone section on how to enable it.

What one person likes, another dislikes or is ambivalent to it, etc.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews