• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Current Location" Stuck.

brianhenny

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
NNJ
Hey guys,

I've searched on here and on other forums and nothings helped so I'm wondering if anyone has updated information on this.

The past few weeks my weather app (and clock) has been buggy. It would show current location even though I was moving around. WiFi was on and off at times, GPS was never on (and it wasn't when the weather app worked fine months ago). A few days ago I somehow got it to say Glassboro (at school) then when I came home to Oak Ridge it continued to say Glassboro.

I tried removing the app and re-adding it numerous times, no luck. Under location settings I have the Verizon & Google thing checked. (I've tried all the combinations for this and nothing has worked). I've also tried deleting all the other cities and nothing. I even factory reseted my phone and still nothing!

Does anyone have any other tips I can try? I know it's not a big deal because the weather seems to be right but just not the city name.

I rebooted in Recovery mode, wiped all data and still nothing. I am rooted however using Virtuous v3.1.0 but that has been since September and it was working fine back then.

Is there a different 'reboot' you're talking about that i'm not aware of?

Edit: If you mean just turn it off and back on, tried several times haha. I've also done the *228 thing as well.

Upvote 0
I actually drove into town a little while ago and it changed to Oak Ridge. I came back to my house, refreshed, and it went back to Current Location. So I guess it's just my house? I feel like I would have noticed this before but oh well I guess. I have 3G on right now, with Verizon & GPS on. I guess i'll just have to deal haha. Unless there is a way to add the city (when it shows up) to select at another time?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones