• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Custom ROM]-Tagged

If I remap the search button to switch between CPU governors button, what should they be?

• Powersave & SmartassV2

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Powersave & Performance

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powersave & Ondemand

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cycle through all of the governors, we'll stop when we get to the one we want.

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
I have heard one of the recent maps update isn't very good, that could have been the issue. Hard to say.

It was a ram optimization script in the Adrenelyn engine that was trying to create swap space at mmcblkp03. It would try to move market to swap when it used a bunch of ram, but there was nowwhere to put it so it just force closed it. I took out the script, and it's not force closing anymore.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
and by notification toggles. it is something like this right? Toggle Different System Settings From Notification Drop-Down Bar With TogglePanel For Android | Redmond Pie
or is it suppose to be something else? and yes i have checked system/app and nothing

Yes, notification dropdown....like so. I am not on this ROM, but have it downloaded from the market
uploadfromtaptalk1349382399075.jpg

Upvote 0
flashing this now, will report back. But in the mean time, does anyone else have/had 3G networking problems, it seems to be on any "custom" ROM i flash, when i go back to stock my 3G is back, But on a custom ROM such as Harmonia i have no 3G.. :/
someone please help..

Did you wipe cache and Davlik cache? Always do this when you are flashing a variant of the OE Stock Rom. If/when there are AOSP/CMxx ROMs then you will need to do a factory reset/System/Cache wipes

Upvote 0
any way we can get like a stock ics battery icon?

yeah, i was kinda iffy on that one too. i also didnt like the waiting circle, so I took them out. See the changelog for more details.

To anybody that is on Harmonia, aeneas, or the multiple variants, there is a file in /system/etc/init.d called ext4tuneup. It is a script that was written for a different phone, and as such, our phone does not feel the effects that it could bring. If you open it up, you will see where it says...

Code:
target=`getprop ro.product.device`
case "$target" in "shooter")
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
echo "HTC EVO 3D data_writeback enabled";
;;
esac

This journalism helps to speed up read/write times, but the problem is, our phone doesn't use mmcblk0p23,24, or 25 for the cache,system,data. So, to fix this we have to change the mmcblk0p#'s to match our phones numbers. The correct ones are mmcblk0p6, mmcblk0p12, and mmcblk0p13. After you do that, it should look like this...

Code:
target=`getprop ro.product.device`
case "$target" in "shooter")
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
echo "HTC EVO 3D data_writeback enabled";
;;
esac

In all honesty, it won't hurt your phone to keep it how it is, but if you're like me and you want to squeeze every last drop of performance out of your phone, you'll make the change.

Reactions: Dark One
Upvote 0
I have a new version that I've been working on(1.0.4). I'll post it tomorrow, but I've taken the .zip size down to 120MB, surpassed the 3000 mark in quadrant, navigating through the phone has almost zero lag time, and despite this performance the battery still does great. This has been such an enjoyable learning experience. Goodnight all.

EDIT: New version is up.

Reactions: thricemin
Upvote 0
Quadrant is a worthless benchmark.

Quadrant interprets a test crash as a finish time. In other words, if the test normally takes 10 seconds to accomplish and it crashes at 2 seconds, it assumes the phone finished the test in 2 seconds, giving a wildly inflated score.

Because of this, a mildly tweaked stock Evo V hits 2400, overclocked Triumph hit 3300 and an overclocked Optimus V's can hit 2600. You can't honestly think that an 800mhz Optimus V is beating a mildly tweaked Evo V with two cores running at 1200mhz.

It can't even consistently tell you which version of Harmonia is fastest. Something other benchmarks can manage to do.

Reactions: Hashtag
Upvote 0
Quadrant is a worthless benchmark.

Quadrant interprets a test crash as a finish time. In other words, if the test normally takes 10 seconds to accomplish and it crashes at 2 seconds, it assumes the phone finished the test in 2 seconds, giving a wildly inflated score.

Because of this, a mildly tweaked stock Evo V hits 2400, overclocked Triumph hit 3300 and an overclocked Optimus V's can hit 2600. You can't honestly think that an 800mhz Optimus V is beating a mildly tweaked Evo V with two cores running at 1200mhz.

It can't even consistently tell you which version of Harmonia is fastest. Something other benchmarks can manage to do.

I see. I did not know that, thanks for letting me know. I ran benchmarks in some other apps and this is what I came up with...

Pi Benchmark- 0.43 to calculate pi to 25000 digit

Vellamo-
1-HTML5-879(below samsung galaxy tab, above htc flyer)
2-Metal-349(below htc jetstream, above asus transformer prime)

RL Benchmark- 97.978 sec(below LG Optimus 2x, above Google Nexus S)

Antutu Benchmark- 3964(Above Google Nexus S, right below HTC EVO 3D)

Upvote 0
Hey Hash,
I noticed that the original Clock and Email were taken out. I use both of them but when I go to System>app to try and reinstall them, it says I can't install them. When I try to restore them via Titanium Backup, they get stuck in a Restoring App+Data loop and am forced to forceclose it.
Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Both files are already in there and when I go to install them I get "Application not installed". This happens in R/W and R/O. The Set Permissions look fine.
And I'm using Root Explorer.

You don't install system apps. You paste them into the folder, then restart your phone. They will be there when you boot it back up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones