• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root custom roms and kernels

so i rooted my esteem then got real brave and put in the black plague rom and kernel. didnt like it so i did a factory reset. no back up made. yeah i know i should have read more. anyways i was able to recover the phone thanks to gbiggie pointing me to what i needed. so heres where im at. right now ive got the broken out rom with blitzkrieg kernel but i dont care for it. i flashed the ginger esteem onto it and i love the theme and everything it does except it wont let me get certain apps and games i used to have now. ie words with friends. i had it before. now its not compatible. so does anyone have suggestions for a decent themed rom and kernel that looks cool, is fast and will allow me to run apps and games? :thinking: and again special thanks to gbiggie for his help saving my beloved esteem:D:thumb:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones