• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Customer Support now available for rooted devices

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
Most of us have known for a little while now that Sprint is pretty cool with rooted phones if your bring them in with non root issues, but heres a story that I originally saw posted over on XDA by whiterider13.

Customer Support now available for Rooted Devices at Sprint | TalkAndroid.com

It seems like they will be treating rooted phones just like any other if they are not able to fix the issue they will order a replacement. I assume this is NOT for devices that were broken due to the rooting process (but who knows)

Most of us have known for a little while now that Sprint is pretty cool with rooted phones if your bring them in with non root issues, but heres a story that I originally saw posted over on XDA by whiterider13.

Customer Support now available for Rooted Devices at Sprint | TalkAndroid.com

It seems like they will be treating rooted phones just like any other if they are not able to fix the issue they will order a replacement. I assume this is NOT for devices that were broken due to the rooting process (but who knows)

yeah they actually have had this policy in place for a few months now. but they have left it up to the tech if they want to help or not. my tech at sprint that i know at my local sprint store has told me so. he also said that some techs have no idea on the rooting aspect and may or may not choose to do work on it or not.

but this is good to actually see it in writing. thanx rxpert for sharing:adore:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones