• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM file help

LirHeart

Lurker
Dec 9, 2013
Hello,
I'm pretty new to the site, so apologies if this has been addressed before.
I am rooting my galaxy rush and am faced with a problem. I downloaded Odin and the CWM.tar file. However, when I go into Odin and press the PDA button to open the file, the folder is empty.
Any advice on what I should do? I'm new to the process of rooting and do not want to damage my phone(any further than I have)
I followed these steps: (The last step, which I bold, is where I am stuck at. When I go to open the tar. file, the CWM ....tar folder is empty.
) Download the above files
2) Extract Odin3-3.04.zip and copy the CWM-Rush-M830-Final.tar into the folder (or CWM-Touch-Rush-m830.tar if you go for the touch version)
3) Run Odin as an administrator
4) Power your Galaxy Rush off
5) Press and hold volume down and power to enter download mode
6a) Connect your phone to your computer
6b) Wait for drivers to finish installing if they need to be
7) You should see Odin find your device by marking a blue square in the ID COM box
8) Click on PDA and choose the CWM-Rush-m830.tar, ensure autoreboot is the only option checked off

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones