• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM nandroid backup question

rootbrain

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2011
Colorado, USA
Hey, have the latest CWM touch on my N7 and doing a nand backup creates both the backup directory and a "blobs" directory with over 3400 folders and over 7500 files, 1.9GB (approx)

The blobs look to be binary files, I'm supposing they are my apps/data/cache files compressed or saved in some other binary way?

Can anyone confirm or explain what they're for and why there is a new backup directory created for each nand, but only one blobs directory?

Thanks

My understanding is that the new backup strategy is to do an incremental backup, backing up only what's different from the previous backup... a risky strategy IMO since it relies on what's different from your previous nandroid.

Personally, I've moved all my devices, with the exception of my SGN to TWRP (available via Goo Manager app). With TWRP you can enable compression and get some pretty small nandroids. Probably a good time for me to switch this device too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones