• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 7 (Gingerbread) 2.3.3 GRI40 released

Still wonks though, apparently.
Those who are following CM7 Nightly's will know of the dreaded, "wonk".

This appears to happen to some users on some Nightly's whereby a call is received on the N1 and is only answered, usually it seems from the lock screen, after about 20+ sec's.

Also in some cases the N1 owner can hear the other party but not vice versa.

I have been installing the CM7 Nightly's, as is, every night since the original build #10 in January (about 35+ Nightly's ago) without ever experiencing the dreaded "wonk".

It does seem strange that only some people are affected by the "wonk", sometimes intermittently, whilst others, like myself have never experienced it.

I'm finding this latest release very smooth and slick with a good battery life. Have only been using CM's since 6.1 but could not envisage going back to the Google builds now.

I will, of course, continue to make my daily offerings to the little green god of android. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones