• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data network bootloops

Ok, I update to the latest baseband 2.22.10.0801r but I am having issues with my wifi randomly dropping then connecting to 4g.

Is there any fix out there for this? My phone is "locked" but I do have s-off.

run an ruu. either for the build you are on,or the 4.03.605.2(newest that i know of),and while the STOCK recovery is still on the phone,clear storage in hboot. after this finishes,and the phone reboots,let settle a few minutes,and reboot again.

the s-off procedure and/or bouncing around firmwares seems to confuse the phone for some reason,and 4g drops are common.

ive s-offed and updated 2 rezounds(and my own) and this procedure works. none of the phones ive done have 4g issues.

afterware,you can reinstall recovery,and reinstall your rom or backup.

just mak sure that you are aware that you need to cahgne all the firmware,not just the radios. running the 4.03.605.2 ruu will update all your firmwaRE to the newest,so you could fix your data drops and get the newest firmware at the same time :)

Shipped ROMs for 4.03.605.3

others are here: Shipped ROMs

Reactions: BrianJB
Upvote 0
Reactions: BrianJB
Upvote 0
Hmm, still having data boot loop issues. Did everything as described. Should I try again?

couldnt hurt. you could also try the factory reset option. ive seen both factory reset and clear storage recomended,and have done both with success. usually when i mess with firmware i will clear storage afterward.

is it possible tehre are just 4g issues in your neck of the woods? ive had that happen to me a couple times. (did everything but stand on my head to fix data prollems,only for it to just start working the next day becsue there were issues :eek:)

Upvote 0
couldnt hurt. you could also try the factory reset option. ive seen both factory reset and clear storage recomended,and have done both with success. usually when i mess with firmware i will clear storage afterward.

is it possible tehre are just 4g issues in your neck of the woods? ive had that happen to me a couple times. (did everything but stand on my head to fix data prollems,only for it to just start working the next day becsue there were issues :eek:)

Well its weird...now my 4g doesnt drop at all. But when I have wifi on it will cycle back and fourth from wifi to 4g.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones