• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

Ok, I'm in a bit of a dilemma and need some advice.

On 6/21, I ordered my Incredible in the store on a relative's business account (this will be important later). A little before that, I also put my name on the Incredible waiting list at Best Buy.

Yesterday, I got a call from BB that they have an Incredible with my name on it! I called the guy I've been dealing with at the Verizon store (who has been very helpful to this point) now tells me that I can't cancel my existing order and buy the one from BB.

I realize this is a pretty unusual situation... If I stick with the order I placed, there is no telling when I'll actually get the phone. If I try to cancel the existing order, will BB be able to set me up on a business account (assuming I can get the owner of the account to come in with me)? What's the real story on being able to cancel an existing order?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to keep waiting for this thing, but I have a bad feeling this situation just can't be worked out.
Well crap. Just got ahold of BB and was able to confirm that they can "rarely" get into the Verizon business account side, and for some reason she couldn't check until I came in. Not worth the risk, I guess.

Some lucky bastard probably just got a call that he can come pick up his Incredible early. :mad:

Looks like the family already gave you the best answer, get it from BB and call 611 and explain, really just wanted to say i noticed your sig.... F*cking Great man!!! love it
Spaceballs is where it's at. :D I put that in when we were originally waiting for the Incredible, and it's taken on new meaning now that I'm waiting for this damn phone AGAIN.

Just got my e-mail notification that my Inc has shipped. I ordered on 6/13.
That gives me hope... If mine wasn't one of the delayed it could be shipping 8 days from now... Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Well as some poeple here have i ordered on 6/26...But i am going to cancel my Incredible order.. to get the X :(.

I mean I fell in love with the big screen... Because i have Large hands and they tend to cramp up if i am holding something like a I pod touch for to long :p.

O i am 19 From Cali. Woot woot! I havnt canceled my online order... Just in Purgatory of some sort... lol

That's why they make different phones of different sizes and features. It would be dull if they were all the same by gosh. Which ever phone you go with I hope it serves you well.

Upvote 0
so i am a 6/16 and I just got off the phonewith verizon rep (Im sure we all love them) "sarcasm intended" ,saying even though it said ship by 7/14 it will probably be more like 7/21....and yet they will not let me cancel my order to get the X. Saying to do so I can either reject shipping which will probably get here when the X is sold out, or I can be charged a 35 dollar re stocking fee...un F...ing real!

Upvote 0
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but why not search on Wirefly and Amazon? I was able to get another Incredible for my wife on Wirefly (ordered yesterday) and it is already shipping. Just check daily and I'm sure in a couple days one of them will have them in stock and ready to ship. I made the mistake with my original Incredible ordering off VZW and had to wait a couple weeks for it to come in. I was actually in Walmart today and noticed they had them as well.

The only thing you'll have to continue to wait for is a dock.

If I were to buy one through Wirefly or Amazon, how does it go onto my account? I added a line onto my moms plan in order to get the Incredible for 199.99. I guess i'll have to bring it to Verizon to activate it, but how does the pricing work? Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but why not search on Wirefly and Amazon? I was able to get another Incredible for my wife on Wirefly (ordered yesterday) and it is already shipping. Just check daily and I'm sure in a couple days one of them will have them in stock and ready to ship. I made the mistake with my original Incredible ordering off VZW and had to wait a couple weeks for it to come in. I was actually in Walmart today and noticed they had them as well.

The only thing you'll have to continue to wait for is a dock.

I agree with you Wooby. If I were going to order again I would definitely explore ALL of my options before buying. However, I'm nearing the end of my wait and I see no reason to stir the pot now.

You would think that someone would have a dang dock out by now. I will miss that coming from a storm.. nice dock.. night clock.. alarm etc

Upvote 0
=/ I ordered my Dinc on 6/12 and still havent got a shipping notification. I hope that comes early this week

I feel your pain. I ordered the same day and still haven't recieved anything. I'm crossing my fingers that I receive shipping notification tomorrow that way it get's here by the weekend.

23rd day of waiting and each passing day seems to drag on longer and longer.

Upvote 0
I feel your pain. I ordered the same day and still haven't recieved anything. I'm crossing my fingers that I receive shipping notification tomorrow that way it get's here by the weekend.

23rd day of waiting and each passing day seems to drag on longer and longer.

I just noticed Indrux that you live in Wichita... Derby boy here. I haven't seen any orders go to Ks yet. They have got to get to us sooner or later.
Maybe they will float some Dincs into the area for us lol.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread, but I've been here reading this one for SO LONG, I trust you all. My Dinc is coming tomorrow (6/6) and I went to appbrain and "downloaded" 30 something apps and I guess it stores it on my computer or something??? Can anyone tell me what to do tomorrow when I get my droid and how all those apps make their way to my phone? I know this sounds so NOOB, but I have next to now clue. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread, but I've been here reading this one for SO LONG, I trust you all. My Dinc is coming tomorrow (6/6) and I went to appbrain and "downloaded" 30 something apps and I guess it stores it on my computer or something??? Can anyone tell me what to do tomorrow when I get my droid and how all those apps make their way to my phone? I know this sounds so NOOB, but I have next to now clue. Thanks in advance.

The way I understand it is.. when you get your Dinc.. you dnld an app that will then sync with appbrain and your list of apps you want to install and it starts grabbing and installing. I have not been there or done that yet.. still waiting on my phone so I'd wait to hear from someone that has been through the procedure. I know there are graduates from here that check in all the time that have been down this very road. Good luck to you and enjoy your Dinc.

Upvote 0
The way I understand it is.. when you get your Dinc.. you dnld an app that will then sync with appbrain and your list of apps you want to install and it starts grabbing and installing. I have not been there or done that yet.. still waiting on my phone so I'd wait to hear from someone that has been through the procedure. I know there are graduates from here that check in all the time that have been down this very road. Good luck to you and enjoy your Dinc.

Thank you very much. I am SO excited and have been waiting so long. I'm coming from a BB Tour, which I love and will be giving to my wife, but simply cannot wait for my Dinc. The customization seems perfect for a "phone-whore" (my wife's words) like me. Thanks again for your help on how to get those apps to my phone. You have my word that when I figure it out and have it set, I'll come back to this page and let you know how it went. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. I am SO excited and have been waiting so long. I'm coming from a BB Tour, which I love and will be giving to my wife, but simply cannot wait for my Dinc. The customization seems perfect for a "phone-whore" (my wife's words) like me. Thanks again for your help on how to get those apps to my phone. You have my word that when I figure it out and have it set, I'll come back to this page and let you know how it went. Thanks again.

Your gained insight will be a help to all of us that follow.

Upvote 0
Tomorrow will be 30 days I have waited on the Incredible. I have a confirmed delivery date (with a tracking number) of tomorrow. I hope it comes tomorrow. I will be home all day. I do not plan to leave my house until that phone comes!

Good luck everyone. I will let you know if I do receive it tomorrow.

I think you are in like Flynn. If it says tomorrow you will likely get it.
WoW I bet you are excited. Have fun and bring us a report please.

Upvote 0
I am the primary and no one at VZ ever told me I could do that. Man! I would already have the phone in my hands if I didn't wait for my daughter to let me use her upgrade! I wonder if I can get that changed and open her upgrade back up, since she is now saying she wants a Dinc?

unless VZW has changed this recently, what the poster you quoted said was wrong. i normally upgrade every year and i have never gotten my ne2 upgrading yearly. and i am the primary. yes you can upgrade annually if you're the primary but you don't get your ne2 unless you hold out for the end of your contract.
(and if i'm wrong then i've been getting screwed over for the past 4-5 years)

Upvote 0

Go to the app market, search for appbrain and download the app. Log in with your gmail info, then sync with your phone and it should download all of the programs that you have marked for install. I did this on my wife's droid a couple of days ago just to test it out for my unveiling tomorrow.
Good Luck.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones