• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help De or Rebrand Your X10i/a

this is actually starting to make my brain hurt lol. ive got my deviceid reached step 4 Extract it.
In the step1 folder, you'll see a file called DeviceID.txt
Open it up, delete whatever's there, and put YOUR DeviceID (that you found from the previous step).
Save the file and close notepad.
i have replaced the id with mine but when i try to save it it wont let , i get a box saying deviceid.txt was modified. do i wish to update it in the archive. when i click yes i get another box saying
winrar diagnostic messages
cannot create __rar_28.640
access is denied
where am i going wrong, im seriously getting pissed with this debranding carry on and can see myself waiting for tmob for the update lol.
i NEED HELP, please

ric

if you can hear a banging its me hitting my head off the wall lol

Upvote 0
My X10i fails to upgrade, it took ages to get the damn thing to root correctly so root explorer worked, changed the codes from 1235-7379 to 1234-8547 in both places rebooted and started up companion and selected repair no mention of the support zone and I couldn't find the option anywhere so I'm still stuck on 1.6 :(

Thanks for the post tho gave me hope for a while...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones